Software Developer Programmer 3
This contract Software Developer 3 position is located with our client in Portland, Oregon. The role of this position is to serve as a specialized PeopleSoft developer supporting Oracle PeopleSoft Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This position will facilitate the design, development, and maintenance of multiple PeopleSoft applications and environments that meet current and future business requirements of ERP solutions and apply, extend, enhance, and/or optimize the existing architecture.
- Code, test, configure, maintain, apply updates and upgrade various PeopleSoft HCM, FMS, CRM and in-house applications using the software tools provided with the PeopleSoft applications 9.2.
- Design and develop custom workflow notification and approval functions and fluid pages.
- Design, develop and maintain integration routines between PeopleSoft and non-PeopleSoft applications.
- Utilize BPA and industry standards to develop process documentation using Approval Workflow Engine (AWE) workflow.
- Provide demonstrations of emerging technologies to acquaint staff with capabilities and applicability to the PeopleSoft application suites.
- Using established guidelines, provide technical support in production environments. This includes troubleshooting reported issues and system architectures to include data management, network management, and overall client architectures as it relates to the PeopleSoft environments.
- Utilizing and industry standards, design and develop custom portal pages, fluid pages and user work centers.
- Troubleshoot workflow and integration issues between PeopleSoft and non-PeopleSoft applications.
- Perform fit-gap analysis and propose implementation approaches for manager review and approval.
- Formulate requirement documents, configuration documents, design documents, technical specification documents, knowledge transfer and training documents.
- Research updates and fixes and emerging PeopleSoft delivered technologies to verify their applicability to application development and maintenance, and in support of the needs of operations.
- Provide a sustainable IT infrastructure by supplying cross training and functional documentation.
Education & Corresponding Experience
A Bachelor's, Master's, or Post-Graduate College Degree in Computer/Information Technology or a related technical discipline is preferred.
- With an applicable Bachelor's degree, 3 years of experience is required.
- With an applicable Associate's degree, 5 years of experience is required.
- Without an applicable degree, 7 years of experience is required.
- Experience should be in the Computer/Information Technology or directly-related field.
Required Technical Skills & Experience
- The following skills for this position are Critical:
- Experience utilizing technical features in PeopleTools release 8.56 or higher.
- 3 years of experience with full Life Cycle upgrade.
- 3 years of experience developing and maintaining systems integration using Integration Broker.
- 3 years of experience using PeopleCode Application packages.
- 1 year of experience developing fluid pages.
- Proficient experience using PeopleTools 8.56 or higher.
- Working experience applying Image Updates using PUM.
- Strong level coding and development skills.
- Working experience developing reports using XML Publisher.
- Working experience with application upgrades in PeopleTools.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft Security.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft 9.2 applications.
- Working experience gathering and analyzing user requirements, performing fit/gap analysis, and developing prototypes.
- Proven analytical, problem solving and debugging skills. Should be able to provide accurate problem analysis to the client and follow up with documentation.
- Experience working in a large production environment
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 1 year of experience using PeopleSoft Test Framework
- 1 year of experience using AWE workflow, fluid pages
- In-depth knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials or HCM 9.2
- Valid U.S. Driver's License is required.
Apply on company website