DEA's Southern California survey group is searching for a Survey Project Manager whose primary focus will be writing proposals, developing and managing project budgets and schedules, managing survey crews and office staff in performing control, boundary, topography, ALTA, right of way, and construction surveying services related to CALTRANS projects. DEA is dedicated to a revenue generating survey business line, utilizing cutting edge technology that allows us to be a leader in terrestrial, GPS, 3D laser scanning and hydrographic surveying. Locations for this role can be Los Angeles, Santa Clarita, Tustin, Ontario, Victorville or Temecula.
Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
- Pursuit champion; manage and coordinate pursuits with the Regional Business Unit Managers and the Business Unit/Marketing Manager
- Develop tactical action plans for project and or client pursuits
- Candidate shall have the demonstrated ability to develop new and maintain existing client relationships within the markets and regions we currently operate
- Performing calculations
- Quality control oversight
- Coordinating with other DEA disciplines and clients
- Directing the field and office crewmembers in the performance of their duties and mentoring and coaching them to advance within the survey profession as their individual abilities allow
- Current Professional Land Surveyor license in CA
- Capable of managing his/her projects, communicating well with clients and mentoring junior level staff members
- Familiarity with state and county mapping requirements
- Strong computer skills with CAD and Land Surveying software, such as: Civil 3D, MicroStation, and Inroads, as well as the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
Survey Jobs with DEA:
Throughout history, land surveyors have played a significant role in the development of our world. Though fundamental principles have remained essentially the same over time, the technology employed continues to rapidly advance. DEA uses the latest tools while respecting historic doctrines such as following in the footsteps of the original surveyor. We foster a unique, collaborative work environment where specific expertise can be targeted for optimal client solutions.
Our day-to-day land surveying and geomatics activities are as varied in scope as in any career. DEA's team is staffed and fully equipped to provide land surveying services for construction staking and layout, geodetic and control surveys, topographic and quantity surveys, and boundary surveys. As value-added services, we offer in-house 3D high-definition laser scanning, both static and mobile, and hydrographic survey services.
Potential office locations include: Los Angeles, CA; Santa Clarita, CA; Tustin, CA; Ontario, CA; Temecula, CA; Victorville, CA.
Apply on company website