DEA's Seattle, WA office is hiring a Transit and Rail Project Engineer / Task Leader to support our Transit and Rail group while working on light rail, street car, and bus rapid transit related projects. A successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter assigned to work on multi-discipline transit projects as a project engineer (or task leader) and performing engineering calculations and design using specialized technical skills, experience and engineering judgment to transform concept designs into construction drawings and technical specifications. The role will support the lead project engineer and may involve direct interface with the client and its project team members.
Other duties include:
- Coordinate transit projects with supervisor, project managers, and firm staff.
- Ensure excellence in project execution for on-time, on-budget deliverables of quality that meet or exceed the industry's standard of care
- Coordinate right of way and permitting activity interface between the design team and the client's real property and permitting teams
- Participate in business development activities
- Provide sketches and/or detailed layout information to design staff for incorporation into the construction drawings.
- Designs, prepares, or oversees the preparation of preliminary and final plans in Civil 3D, and Microstation/InRoads software.
- Prepares and/or directs the design of right-of-way, transit, roadway, or traffic plans
- Preparation and modification of reports, specifications and cost estimates for project.
- Develop, track and modify project schedules.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- Engineer-in-Training certification
- Microstation/InRoads and/or Civil 3D design experience
- Minimum 3 years of civil engineering design related to transportation projects
- Project experience with local agencies or state DOTs
- Professional Engineer in the State of Washington
- Experience, training and/or interest in project management
- Experience on transit related projects such as bus lanes, light rail or bus rapid transit
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
Transportation Jobs with DEA
The increasing complexities of modern transportation include growing demands, aging infrastructure, rising costs, funding challenges, and environmental concerns. Agencies and communities faced with improving their transportation systems must do more with less. From initial investigations through planning, concept development, final design, and construction, DEA responds with solutions that serve today's transportation needs while accommodating tomorrow's growth. Our Transportation Business Unit focuses on four markets; Bridges and Structures, Roads and Highways, Transit and Rail, and Construction Engineering.
Apply on company website