DEA's Puget Sound Region is looking for a Client Team Leader / Senior Project Manager to help lead one of our largest public agency clients with a focus on state highways, structures, and design-build projects. This position can be located in our Seattle, Bellevue, Tacoma, or Olympia, WA offices. The Client Team Leader will work within the region overseeing business development, client management, project delivery, and client profitability.
Client Team Leader Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the full lifecycle relationship with the client
- Develop significant new business to meet firm sales and revenue goals
- Lead WSDOT client team and participate on other client teams
- Lead cross-business unit business development
- Participate in assessing client technology trends
- Perform client sales forecasting
- Make go/no-go decisions
- Determine and cultivate teaming partnerships
- Determine pursuit staffing
- Oversee pursuit strategy development and implementation
- Responsible for client profitability, favorable contract terms, revenue forecasting, and the client sales result.
- Manage the overall client experience and responsible for building, maintaining, and deepening the client relationships.
- Will serve as principal-in-charge or project manager when appropriate.
- Monitor project manager performance on their client's projects.
- Conduct client experience surveys (if not the PM on the project).
- May review cost proposals.
- Additionally responsible for coaching project managers on client expectations and providing feedback on project manager and delivery team performance, including removing underperforming project managers or staff.
- Leader is client professional activities (conferences, events, etc.)
Senior Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Ensure excellence in project execution for on-time, on-budget deliverables of quality that meet or exceed the industry's standard of care
- Work with the Practice Leaders and Delivery Leaders to ensure office resources are available to complete existing project work as well as work committed to in proposals
- Provide leadership and guidance to staff. Review submittals, including engineering documents and other deliverables, for compliance with contractual and professional requirements as part of DEA's Quality Management requirements
- Adhere to firm-wide tools, processes, and policies including project accounting (set up, budgeting, etc.), contracting, and quality requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the United States
- 10+ years in transportation design with a focus on roadway, highway, transit, or bridge projects
- Proven track record of working with and delivering public agency/DOT projects
- Comprehensive understanding of WSDOT organization, procurement, contracts, and business practices.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
Transportation Jobs with DEA
The increasing complexities of modern transportation include growing demands, aging infrastructure, rising costs, funding challenges, and environmental concerns. Agencies and communities faced with improving their transportation systems must do more with less. From initial investigations through planning, concept development, final design, and construction, DEA responds with solutions that serve today's transportation needs while accommodating tomorrow's growth. Our Transportation Business Unit focuses on five markets; Bridges and Structures, Roads and Highways, Transit and Rail, Smart Mobility and Construction Engineering.
Potential office locations include: Seattle, WA; Tacoma, WA; Bellevue, WA; Olympia, WA.
Apply on company website