DEA is currently hiring for a Water Resource Civil Engineer-in-Training to support major projects in the Puget Sound region. This position will operate under the direction Engineers and Project Managers as part of a dynamic team of professionals working on city, county, state, federal, and private projects. Join DEA to be part of a team working to deliver large WSDOT projects with opportunities for hydraulic modeling for stream restoration and fish passage! This position can be located in either our Seattle or Bellevue, WA offices, but could also be co-located in a client's project office in Olympia, Yakima, Shoreline, Burlington, or Bellingham, WA. Candidates will work with Civil 3D and/or Microstation and gain an understanding of pipe conveyance and water resource engineering design, associated grading, and/or other pertinent areas of civil engineering concepts.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Design of potable water, stormwater, and sanitary sewer systems.
- Prepare supporting design documentation, including reports and technical memorandum.
- Develop solutions to design problems.
- Make revisions to documents marked up by client and/or Engineer.
- Create and manage electronic document file structure, naming convention in accordance with company standards.
- Work closely with Project Managers, Engineers, and Drafters to set-up and manage construction drawings and design documentation.
- Can be relied on as productive team member to work on a typical set of project documents from beginning to end with professional quality output that conforms to company standards.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Follow design standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- FE/EIT registration
- 0-4 years of civil design experience related to stormwater conveyance, hydrology, and hydraulics
- Knowledge of Microstation/Inroads and/or AutoCAD/Civil 3D
- Microsoft Word and Excel spreadsheet experience/proficiency
- GIS experience related to design analysis
- Experience with Microstation Inroads Storm and Sanitary, Autodesk Civ3D, CivilStorm, StormShed, MGSFlood, SWMM, HSPF, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS (1D and 2D), SHR2D, FLO2D, and HY-8
- Technical writing/editing skills
- Experience designing in or around streams and wetlands
- WSDOT's HRM certification
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
Potential office locations include: Bellevue, WA; Seattle, WA.
Apply on company website