US Citizenship and Residency Completion Required to Apply
A recruitment or relocation is authorized.
Medical malpractice liability insurance is not required for federal civilian healthcare providers as they are covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act (28 U.S.C. § 1346(b)) while acting within the scope of their employment.
This position is located in the Primary Care Clinic in Fort Huachuca, AZ.
Fort Huachuca is located in Sierra Vista in Cochise County, in southeast Arizona, about 15 miles north of the border with Mexico. Sierra Vista enjoys an average year-round temperature of 74 degrees. A small community, with many amenities you would find in a larger city. Within a short driving distance are the mining towns of Bisbee and Tombstone, the "Town Too Tough to Die."; In addition to local and Tucson stores, shoppers also frequent Nogales, Naco, and Agua Prieta, Mexico, all within an hour-and-a-half drive from the post.
Who May Apply: US Citizens Responsibilities
As a Physician (Family Practice), you will:
- Examine, diagnose, prevent and treat medical, surgical, obstetric, gynecological, and orthopedic care.
- Provide direct outpatient care to patients with general medical problems, complaints, and symptoms.
- Complete required records pertaining to all medical services provided in accordance with specified procedures and regulations.
- Teach and provide consultation to other health care providers as assigned.
- Participate in Continuing Medical Education (CME) and quality assurance activities, including Peer Review, as assigned.
Must provide documents for credentialing for health care positions.
Must have current licensure in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or territory of the United States.
All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification. Current Advanced Life Support of other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
Apply on company website