Your Impact Provides business insight to support Delaware North business units and disciplines by performing analysis of data, with the goal being to help drive improvements in guest experience, revenue or expense management. The position includes all phases of the analytics pipeline, including data extraction/acquisition, exploratory data analysis, data cleansing, transformations, feature engineering, statistical analysis and communication of business insights/recommendations.
More specifically, you will:
- Work interactively with internal clients in finding business insights, recommended actions and strategic business opportunities. Communicate intermediate and final analytic business results and insights to business partners. Provide leadership in the application of principles of the Delaware North analytics strategy in addressing business opportunities.
- Exercise self-management and good judgment in execution of deliverables.
- Determine the best methods to acquire, process and analyze data per request parameters and analytic strategy on the most complex business problems.
- Perform statistical analysis to support business initiatives. Design, develop and deliver complex custom and analytic solutions. Create prototypes and new approaches where existing approaches are insufficient. Ensure outputs are error-free, accurate and useful to internal clients.Facilitate the transfer of best practices and continuous improvement processes and practices and the generation of new savings ideas to impact enterprise spend.
- Partner iteratively with management and business representatives to understand, document and validate requests/requirements. Projects may include, but are not limited to:
- Documenting and exploring new data sources
- Developing business metrics and interactive reporting
- Creating validated predictive models to forecast business and customer behavior
- Business insights and recommendations to increase revenue, profit, guest experience, or reduce cost, loss and fraud
- Integrating analytic product into business or technical systems
Your Background To be a good fit for the Data Scientist II opportunity, you will have:
- Masters in Business, Mathematics, Computer Science or Analytics.
- 2+ years experience in an analytics or business intelligence role.
- Data processing in SAS, SQL or equivalent.
- Experience working with HRIS
- Statistical analysis, using SAS, R, python or equivalent.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Demonstrated ability to translate between technical and business concepts, and communicate to a broad variety of functional areas.
Apply on company website