Our Exciting Work Environment
Boston Logan International Airport is New England's primary airport and one of the nation's busiest transportation hubs. Delaware North brings its world-class travel hospitality expertise to the 36 million-plus travelers who pass through the airport each year with a wide array of new food, beverage and retail offerings that are true taste of Boston. Full- and quick-service restaurants and retail outlets will be located throughout the airport, with locations in multiple-terminals.The Opportunity
We're looking cooks who enjoy working in a fast-paced environment to join one of our new restaurant openings in Boston Logan. The successful candidate is a dedicated team member with a passion for excellence. The cook position is an integral part of running a successful, positive kitchen focusing on guest satisfaction. Build your skills and grow your culinary career with us.
Pay starts at $16/hr for full-time positions with benefits. We offer medical insurance, MBTA/parking discounts, 401k, meal discounts, and more. And, right now we're offering a $200 sign-on bonus for cooks!
After submitting your application, you will receive an email invitation within 24 hours to begin our pre-screening and on-demand text interview process. Tell us about yourself, answer a few questions and quickly qualify for the position on your own time, all from the convenience of your mobile device.
* Properly measures and portions all food items. Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures.
* Completes end of day inventory and other opening/closing duties in accordance with company checklists and procedures
*Applicants must have the ability to pass a TSA/Federal background screen as per airport requirements
* Performs other duties assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum of 6 months- 1 year previous experience in back-of-the-house foodservice position preferred
* Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a variety of foods and liquids.
* Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers, weighing up to 50 lbs.
* Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipment
* Ability to move rapidly and coordinate multiple orders.
* Standing and walking for entire length of shift
* Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at waist, bending and squatting
* Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops and brooms
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
* Kitchen environment noise levels may be moderate to high
* Works frequently in a hot and damp environment.
* In contact with sharp knives, slicers, boiling liquids, hot pans, etc.
* Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken glass, metal cans, scalds and burns, slipping and tripping.
* Frequently immerses hands in water.
The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) prohibits discrimination by employers, in compensation and employment opportunities, against qualified individuals with disabilities who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the “essential functions” of a job. A function may be essential for any of several reasons, including: the job exists to perform that function, the employee holding the job was hired for hi/her expertise in performing the function or only a limited number of employees are available to perform that function.
*Nothing in this job description restricts the management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities on this job at any timeWho We Are
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website