Our Exciting Work Environment
Delaware North operates the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex. Bringing to life the epic story of the U.S. space program, offering a full day or more of fun, inspiration and educational activities, including the new Astronaut Training Experience®, Heroes & Legends, featuring the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame®, Kennedy Space Center Tour featuring the Apollo/Saturn V Center with an actual Saturn V moon rocket, Space Shuttle Atlantis®, Shuttle Launch Experience®, IMAX® films, Astronaut Encounter, Rocket Garden, and more.The Opportunity
• Perform any range of installation, preventive, and repair maintenance on HVAC systems and food storage refrigeration and freezer systems.
• Diagnose electrical and mechanical malfunctions, determine extent of repairs required, and perform any range of required repairs. Requires a good working knowledge of low voltage controls and electronics.
• Assist with construction, painting and carpentry operations to build or repair facilities as directed. Assist in installation or replacement of floor or ceiling tiles, doors, shingles, drywall and similar items and erection of temporary buildings, walkways, and similar facilities.
• Assist in performance of mechanical and structural preventive maintenance operations including checking of structural units for rust and deterioration, preparation, priming and painting, securing of loose molding, base and trim, checking proper mechanical operation of doors and similar units, inspection of roofs, floors and walls as directed.
• Perform a range of electrical, mechanical and electronic checks, repairs, and installations. Perform preventive maintenance routines as directed, including balancing circuits, checking amperage, voltage, motor speed, and similar elements, cleaning transformers and panels, contacts and other systems and adjusting elements such as belts and pulleys.
• Attend all company training relating to GuestPath (guest services), GreenPath (environmental management system), and safety awareness.
• Practice good housekeeping by managing work area in a clean and orderly condition.
• Requires the use of hand and hand power tools, PLC's, laptop computer, electrical and electronic test meters, oxyacetylene and mig welding and brazing equipment, test meters, recorders, machine tools, plumbing tools, paint sprayer, generators, fork lift truck, pallet jack, hydraulic lift, pumps and similar devices.
• Follow safety rules and wear proper Personal Protective Equipment, including respirators when necessary.
• Properly label refrigerant cylinders and appliances, correctly ship and transport refrigerants both on- and off-site and properly maintain required records.
• Ensure proper disposal of refrigerants and associated equipment, parts, and lubricants.
• Individuals generate hazardous or controlled waste during regular job activities and are responsible for ensuring that hazardous or controlled waste is properly managed in accordance with all applicable NASA, state, and federal requirements and regulations.
• Although it is not a routine part of this job, individuals may be responsible for labeling and inspecting waste accumulation containers. This position requires site specific waste management training including initial RCRA hazardous waste management training within six months of assignment. Individuals will also be required to attend annual refresher training to meet the requirements of 40 CFR 265.16.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent experience with completion of a certified apprenticeship program or trades school.
Required Certificates, License, Registration Requirements.: Requires a valid Florida driver's license and a Universal Refrigeration Certification.
Experience: Requires extensive background/experience in large and small refrigeration units and chiller systems and in basic electrical field equipment to a complete accredited apprenticeship program. Additionally requires five years of related experience, some additional experience in other disciplines.
Skills: Microsoft Office and associated software.
Physical Demands: Requires regularly working above the ground on ladders, scaffolds, or high lift. Requires reading and interpretation of written information including various codes and blueprints. Requires the physical equivalent of exerting effort or lifting and carrying or manipulating of materials and equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. Requires bending, kneeling, crawling, climbing, stooping, pushing, pulling, and reaching. Requires mental and visual attention to work along with manual dexterity for sustained periods of time.
Work Environment: Requires working indoors and outdoors in the presence of heat, dirt, dust, noise, fumes, wetness, paint, and solvents.Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at www.DelawareNorth.com.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website