Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at www.DelawareNorth.com.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Greets and seats guests in accordance with Company's GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
- Reviews floor plan, creates seating chart
- Greets guests and seats them at tables or in waiting areas
- Seats guests according to seating chart, server rotation and guest preference and provides guests with menus.
- Maintains control of the seating and wait times
- Cleans and maintains Host station; contributes to the cleanliness of the dining and bar areas.
- Inspects dining and serving areas to ensure cleanliness and proper setup.
- Answers any guest questions regarding service, and provides general assistance for guests and employees.
- Speaks with guests to ensure satisfaction with food and service, and responds to complaints.
- Thanks guests as they are leaving
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Resets tables after guests leave
- Assists as needed with general cleaning, removing and emptying garbage, bussing tables, and re-stocking supplies and food product.
Education & Experience:
- Prior experience in guest service environment preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Company's GuestPath Universal Service Standards
- Attentive and detailed oriented.
- Ability to maintain a high energy level in a fast paced environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Capable of performing specified procedures and following instructions.
- Effective communication skills; ability to communicate with guests and co-workers
- Ability to remain on feet for entire length of shift
- Ability to maneuver between tables and around corners.
- Frequent walking, bending, lifting, reaching, and stretching.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 35 lbs.
- Visual acuity and hearing sufficient to read seating chart and communicate with guests
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Indoor, climate-controlled restaurant environment
May occasionally be exposed to variable temperatures depending on the season
Apply on company website