More Good Reasons Global impact
With operations around the world, we offer our associates a chance to make a big difference. Delaware North is ranked as one of the world's largest privately held companies by Forbes magazine.
Our culture is truly guided by our vision: To delight guests by creating the world's best experiences today while reimagining tomorrow. In essence, our job is to help people have fun, and that makes for an upbeat atmosphere. Our senior leadership understands the importance of ensuring that Delaware North is a great place to work.
A commitment to corporate responsibility
Delaware North has a rich tradition of unmatched integrity and community service. We know that being a good corporate citizen means much more than writing a check. It means making a difference in the lives of our associates, customers, clients and the communities in which we live and provide service. Our global stewardship platform rests on three pillars: environment, community support and social responsibility.
Stunning corporate offices
Delaware North's new global headquarters in downtown Buffalo is a 12-story, glass-walled building with Class A office space featuring state-of-the-art technology, a hotel, restaurant and attached parking ramp. Delaware North occupies 110,000 square feet of space on the top four-and-a-half floors.
Lots of companies talk about values, but at Delaware North, our values guide every action and every decision:
- Lean Forward: We are innovative creators who continually reimagine what's next.
- Come Together: We work collaboratively with each other and believe in the power of partnership.
- Stand Up: We lead by example, own our decisions, and take initiative.
- Do Right: We value integrity and always do the right thing, especially when no one is looking.
- Think Guest: The guest experience is at the heart of everything we do.
Delaware North believes in a total rewards package that helps us recruit and retain the best associates in the industry. In addition to a competitive salary and bonus incentive program, we offer a comprehensive benefits program designed to give our associates the comfort, safety and stability they need to flourish. It includes all you would expect plus some pleasant surprises, such as a company match on the 401(k) plan; tuition assistance, training and development; friends-and-family discounts to events and properties, and more.
Video: At Delaware North, corporate responsibility means more than contributing funds and services (although each year the Jacobs family -- company founders and owners -- gives millions of dollars to communities around the world). It also means that our team members involve themselves in a wide range of volunteering and fundraising efforts. A case in point: On Aug. 21, 2017, more than 150 Western New York-based Delaware North employees teamed up to give back at the United Way of Buffalo and Erie County's annual Day of Caring.
Your Background To be a good fit for the IT Knowledge Manager opportunity, you will have:
- A bachelor's degree
- PMP and/or ITIL is preferred but not required *should at least have ITIL knowledge
- 5 – 10 years technology operations mgt
- Broad IT knowledge
- Collaboration tools – Confluence, Jira (Altassian)
- Collaborative, being able to effect change. Being able to convey a sense of urgency in a way that is clear and direct but not taken as abrupt or challenging.
- Solid technical documentation skills with ability to interpret to multiple levels.
- Highly preferred that the person has experience with point of sale systems from installation to maintenance (how they connect to the network, PCI compliance, other data that might be gathered on the consumer outside of CC info, troubleshooting issues, retail data collection ability - eg, updating inventory).
- We use Micros, Netsuite, Appetize mainly. Some Halo.
Apply on company website