Our Exciting Work Environment
Excitement awaits our guests at Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino! Located off exit 58 of the Long Island Expressway, just 10 minutes from Long Island MacArthur Airport, Jake's 58 welcomes our guests with service that's unforgettable. Whether dining in our bistro or having a drink at the bar, taking in a getaway in one of our 278 rooms, or experiencing the excitement of our gaming floor, Jake's 58 is conveniently located to serve almost 3 million people on Long Island.Position Details
Responsibilities and duties
- Greet guests upon arrival
- Offer assistance to every guest entering hotel with luggage
- Monitor bellman carts for safety and availability
- Upon request, label and store guest luggage in designated area for pick-up
- Coordinates with front desk for transfers or assistance with room departure
- Coordinates with housekeeping / maintenance for availability and readiness of rooms
- Answers guest questions regarding facility and surrounding area
- Drive hotel van, often frequently, to several locations
- Acts as a sales member for promotion of internal events, dining, and packages
- Must promote hotel in a positive manner, including highest level of professionalism and appearance
- Completes assigned checklists and projects for scheduled shift
- Assist with light hotel lobby cleaning
- Must role model company guest service program
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Excellent guest service skills; very attentive and detail oriented
- Ability to maintain a high energy level in a fast paced environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Effective communication skills; ability to communicate with guests and co-workers
- Valid driver's license and safe driving record
- Must be able to obtain a New York State Gaming License.
- Frequently required to stand and walk; ability to stand and remain stationary for entire length of shift
- Frequently lifting/carrying of up to 50 lbs.
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at www.DelawareNorth.com.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website