Our Exciting Work Environment
Our Exciting Work Environment
Excitement awaits our guests at Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino! Located off exit 58 of the Long Island Expressway, just 10 minutes from Long Island MacArthur Airport, Jake's 58 welcomes our guests with service that's unforgettable. Whether dining in our bistro or having a drink at the bar, taking in a getaway in one of our 278 rooms, or experiencing the excitement of our gaming floor, Jake's 58 is conveniently located to serve almost 3 million people on Long Island.The Opportunity
Responsibilities and duties
- Ensure all bank reconciliations, issue banks, receive banks, and assist with armored car transfers.
- Ensure all New York State Gaming Commission regulations and procedures are being followed.
- Verify vault daily.
- Accurately count Vault funds.
- Prepare cashier moneybags for upcoming shifts.
- Balance all proceeds on table at end of shift.
- Deliver cash draws of money to cage Supervisors as needed.
- Prepare bank for morning supervisors.
- Maintain an accurate cash balance.
- Train current and new associates on proper procedures and regulations.
- Maintain a safe work and customer environment.
- Treats each person, customer or associate as an individual and in a professional manner.
- Leads by example in the skills of Guest service and positive interaction with associates, guests and supervisors by mutual respect for all people's needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to lift 30 pounds frequently.
- Weekends, Holidays and swing shifts may be required
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must be able to obtain a New York State Gaming Commission license
- Two years experience in cash handling required (Bank and or Vault)
- One or two year's supervisory experience required.
- Intermediate computer skills, including e-mail, word, excel spreadsheets, routine data input and recordkeeping.
- Basic Math skills, addition and subtraction.
- Able to handle large money transactions.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit www.delawarenorth.com.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website