Our Exciting Work Environment
Our Exciting Work Environment
Excitement awaits our guests at Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino! Located off exit 58 of the Long Island Expressway, just 10 minutes from Long Island MacArthur Airport, Jake's 58 welcomes our guests with service that's unforgettable. Whether dining in our bistro or having a drink at the bar, taking in a getaway in one of our 278 rooms, or experiencing the excitement of our gaming floor, Jake's 58 is conveniently located to serve almost 3 million people on Long Island.The Opportunity
Responsibilities and duties
- Implement programs, special events, giveaways, promotions as directed by Marketing Department.
- Marketing sales including but not limited to telemarketing, face to face interaction, emailing, etc.
- Ability to service all guest in a professional, timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure work area appears professional, clean and inviting to guests
- Ability to explain contests, drawings, promotional giveaways and player's club benefits to guests as detailed in approved gaming submissions.
- Monitor the gaming floor to identify registered players or prospective players.
- Accountable to understand and comply with all regulatory guidelines, submissions, policies and procedures.
- Understand the goals and vision of the organization, and demonstrate commitment to those goals in terms of individual and team performance.
- Adhere to the marketing plan set forth by the Sr. Director of Marketing, by implementing promotions and giveaways as directed, reviewing necessary information to achieve a successful event.
- Escalate guest complaints and issues immediately to Guest Service and Player Rewards Supervisor.
- Maintain strict confidential guidelines concerning all guest interactions and records.
- Complete all necessary paperwork in a timely manner.
- Must role model company guest service program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must be able to obtain a New York State Gaming license.
- Guest service experience preferred.
- Experience in casino marketing preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be accepted providing the required skills and knowledge for successful performance.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent guest service skills required
- Excellent verbal skills required
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform successfully under pressure.
- Organizational and time management skills required.
- Regularly required to work in front of a computer
- Manual dexterity for data entry/typing duties
- Able to lift and carry up to thirty pounds occasionally
- Occasional bending, reaching, climbing on step stool, lifting
- Able to stand for up to 8 hours a day
- Frequent exposure to, and utilization of, computer
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds frequently.
- Weekends, holidays and Swing Shifts may be required
Various Shifts AvailableWho We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit www.delawarenorth.com.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website