Our Exciting Work Environment
Excitement awaits our guests at Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino! Located off exit 58 of the Long Island Expressway, just 10 minutes from Long Island MacArthur Airport, Jake's 58 welcomes our guests with service that's unforgettable. Whether dining in our bistro or the piano bar, taking in a getaway in one of our 278 rooms, or experiencing the excitement of our gaming floor, Jake's 58 is conveniently located to serve almost 3 million people on Long Island.Position Details
Shifts Available: 1 FT
Ensures effective operation of the gaming floor by providing maintenance of gaming floor equipment and assistance to gaming guests, in accordance with Company's Guest Service Standard, company/departmental policies and NYS Regulations.
· Monitors functioning of VGM machines; changes/fixes ticket paper in the machines Patrols assigned section to ensure that players are following rules and that VGM machines are functioning correctly and that section is neat and in clean order.
· Will report to supervisor of any deficiencies
· Processes jackpot payouts in accordance with company procedures ¿ Redeems vouchers for guests when not printed properly
· Makes change for guests in prompt manner
· Stocks holding area with voucher paper
· Answers guest questions about game information, responds to and resolves guests complaints
· Performs minor repairs or makes adjustments to VGM machines, resolving problems such as bills jams, machine tilts; reboots and contacts technician or machine vendor for assistance as needed
· Records the specifics of malfunctioning machines needing repair on vendor meal book and on the radio room bulletin board
· Responsible for cash bank, this is utilized to break down bills for guests
· Follows all departmental and state policies and procedures
· Utilizes two way radio system professionally to communicate with associates, vendors and Management team
· Must role model company guest service program
· Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
· Must be at least 18 years of age, High School Diploma or GED required
· Previous experience in a gaming environment (slots) preferred
· Must be able to obtain a New York State Gaming License.
· Basic Math skills including addition and subtraction
· Able to handle large money transactions
· Weekends, Holidays and swing shifts are required
· Able to lift and carry up to 20 pounds occasionally
OTHER: Frequent standing and walking for entire length of shift, Ability to push and pull chairs in and out that are in front of machinesWho We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit www.delawarenorth.com.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website