Our Exciting Work Environment
This position is located at TD Garden, which is owned and operated by Delaware North, and located in Boston, MA. As New England's largest sports and entertainment arena, TD Garden is the home of the storied NHL's Boston Bruins and NBA's Boston Celtics franchises and hosts over 3.5 million people a year at its world-renowned concerts, sporting events, family shows, wrestling, and ice shows.
Delaware North Sportservice manages the food and beverage at the TD Garden.The Opportunity
The Sportservice at TD Garden team is looking for a Restaurant Manager who will be directly responsible for the overall operations of the entire Harborview Restaurant which includes the BostonCoach Lounge, Harborview Dining Room and the Garden View and Executive View event spaces.
Harborview Restaurant and Lounge is one of Boston Garden Society's premium gameday experiences. Located on Level 6 of the TD Garden, Harborview Dining Room features a rotating seasonal menu and the a la carte menu is complimented by a curated beverage program. BostonCoach lounge features an in-seat dining experience and the upscale bar features a premium beverage list and its signature raw bar highlights the flavors of New England. Tickets to the Loft seating and Garden View and Executive view event spaces can be purchased for all events at the Garden and all spaces in the Harborview Restaurant and Lounge can be rented out for non-game day meetings and events.Responsibilities
- Ensures the smooth operations of the dining room and coordinates foodservice activities.
- Estimates food and beverage costs and requisitions or purchases supplies.
- Reviews financial transactions and monitors budget to ensure efficient operation and that expenditures stay within budget limitations. Maintains payroll and bookkeeping records.
- Supervises food and beverage service employees in accordance with operating policies, which he/she may help establish.
- Works with food and beverage personnel regarding food presentation and proper handling techniques.
- Works closely with the Catering Manager as well as the Sous Chef to ensure all private events are executed effectively and efficiently, including proper room set up and scheduling of staff.
- May schedule periodic food and beverage service employee meetings to ensure correct interpretation of policies and obtain feedback.
- Manages personnel including hiring, training, coaching and counseling as well as other human resources related issues. Handles guest complaints and trains associates to the gaps.
- Executes the general responsibilities necessary to minimize operating costs and maintains a system of cost controls through purchasing and sales.
- Assists in the planning of menus with the Executive Chef for special parties.
- Establishes standards of performance such as the amount of linen to be used in dining areas, sets labor cost goals and amounts of liquor to be served.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years experience in a high volume restaurant environment with previous experience handling catering and/or banquet events.
- Must have an ability to demonstrate excellent customer service, verbal communication and leadership skills.
- Experience in food preparation, inventory and cost control, scheduling and purchasing.
- Experience managing a team (hiring, training, development, coaching, counseling, etc.)
- Prior experience in a union environment preferred.
- Point of Sale (POS) system experience a plus, i.e. Micros, Halo, Appetize, etc.
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit www.delawarenorth.com.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website