Our Exciting Work Environment
This position will be based out of Delaware North's new global headquarters, a state-of-the-art, 12-story, mixed-use building in downtown Buffalo, N.Y. The headquarters facility, reflective of our values, integrates the latest advances in environmental, energy conservation and office design.The Opportunity
Leads a category management procurement department team responsible for direct spend; primarily including food, beverage, disposables and related supplies for a multi-billion dollar company. Leads and oversees the category planning process, including the development and implementation of category plans; leveraging insights in order to formulate key strategies and category initiatives supporting those strategies. Ensures process, procedures, programs and standards governing process in place and optimized for primary and secondary food service distribution covering DN operating locations (including but not limited to foodservice, disposables, produce, janitorial, retail grocery, convenience, sundries and secondary market opportunity buys), as executed through various contracted service providers. Influences and drives positive results for Delaware North subsidiaries, operations management, culinary and food & beverage operations.
- Drives the strategic vision of the department and implements continuous improvement processes to meet evolving needs of the business.
- Leads teams to continually strive to identify, access and fully leverage available supplier resources to meet the needs of the business and support the visions, values and overarching goals/objectives of Delaware North.
- Ensures category strategies are based on market knowledge and research.
- Establish, champion, and hold category teams accountable to align and leverage key program and product requirements across categories of responsibility.
- Establishes and enforces standards and processes; ensures negotiated terms & conditions being consistent with corporate vision and values; including, goals, standards and ethics, while delivering best overall value to the Company and operating locations.
- Delivers on supply management's formal financial commitments, thus realizing profit and loss impact.
- Establishes and enforces standards; ensures operating units minimize overall costs by maximizing supplier program incentives and resources, including distributor efficiency measures.
- Establishes and enforces standards; ensures the maximization as well as management of the collection, deposit and allocation of all supplier program allowances, rebates, earned income and incentives generated by contracts & programs.
- Aligns department's strategic plan with the vision, growth goals and values of Delaware North.
- Oversees team's developing and disseminating metrics and KPI's to measure performance of and compliance to all food, beverage and supply programs in order to achieve goals related to leveraging spend, driving efficiencies, supporting company quality standards, food safety and maintaining profit margins.
- Develop and ensures implementation of systems to maximize distribution program compliance and administer the contracted programs providing a consistent level of service and end user satisfaction.
- Leads by example by exhibiting a results-driven purpose, transparency, strong influence skills, and ability to work across a matrixed organization.
- Leads team of category management professionals to translate category management principles into action through strong data analytics and industry, business and category insights.
- Accomplished leader with proven ability to build and execute a strategic category vision.
- Create, drive and mentor staff.
- Recognized as a strong strategic business partner.
- Engages with leadership in the field, engages with team associates to drive results while building long-term capacity.
- Develop, deepen and maintain trusted and collaborative relationships with business partners.
- Develop, evaluate, and prioritize ideas on new ways to grow the business through partnerships and cooperative deals that drive revenue.
Required Education, Experience & Skills:
- BA/BS degree required in Business Administration/Management, Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field. Master's degree, MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a procurement role with extensive food & beverage contract and category management experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Strong financial acumen with consultative, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong negotiation skills with experience negotiating commercial terms and service level agreements.The ability to interact with executives and stakeholders at all levels of organization and deliver effective presentations.
- Proven ability to manage competing agendas and priorities, and translate complex information across internal and external audiences.
- Skilled at coaching, mentoring and developing staff
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at www.DelawareNorth.com.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website