We are in the process of expanding Deloitte's Accounting and Reporting Advisory practice within SOX service offering. SOX governance, risk, and compliance can be complex for companies that are first-time passengers on their SOX journey. We are building an extensive team to help our clients proactively evaluate their current state, improve or add needed controls, and map out an ongoing compliance plan. Our team will focus on our client's SOX program operating model, processes, and technology in order to drive greater efficiency, quality, and cost savings.
Are you a detail-oriented, inquisitive individual who enjoys coming up with solutions to client issues? We are seeking professionals who want to build off their existing audit knowledge or accounting experience and use such knowledge on exciting advisory projects that add great value to our clients within their finance, accounting, and operational departments. From technical accounting issues, to new standard implementations; from complex transaction support to internal controls, the leaders of our practice will help you in expanding your experience base to further develop your career. At Deloitte, we provide services using an approach designed to provide the flexibility to serve the unique circumstances and complexities of our clients. You'll gain exposure to a variety of industries, business models and financial accounting areas, helping your career growth and professional development.
Work you'll do
As an Accounting and Reporting Advisory Senior focusing on SOX, you will interact with clients directly. Not only will you work independently, but you will also collaborate with a diverse group of talented professionals across the firm from different geographies. You will use our cutting-edge tools and technologies. Responsibilities will include:
- Provide excellent timely client service, deliver high quality work and strengthen client relationships
- Lead and support all phases of financial and operational audits and compliance projects for our clients, including risk assessment, planning, scoping, execution, and reporting.
- Collaborate with process owners to ensure proper documentation of all policies and procedures applicable to key business processes
- Assist in design and implementation of the internal control framework
- Assist in the development of an internal audit plan for audit projects and reviews, as well as manage the objectives, risks/exposures and scope of the individual audits
- Assist in global risk assessments and subsequent updates as changes in the operating environment occur
- Perform walkthroughs to assist with the process documentation, including process workflows
- Ensure SOX documentation is kept up to-date for scoping, testing, and remediation activities
- Perform SOX testing, including key reports testing, preparing test scripts and documenting the tests of controls
- Identify control deficiencies, develop remediation plans and monitor remediation progress
- Facilitate the external auditor's assessment of internal controls over financial reporting
- Prepare periodic SOX compliance presentations for Executive Management
Our team culture is collaborative and encourages team members to take initiative and seek on-the-job learning opportunities. Our professionals are committed to excellence and to enhancing the trust of the investing public and capital markets.
- 3+ years of public accounting or equivalent experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Up-to-date technical knowledge of PCAOB standards, SOX regulations (SOX 404) and US GAAP
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a virtual environment
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte & Touche LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 25785
Apply on company website