Deloitteleads with purpose, solving complex issues for our clients and communities.Across disciplines and across borders, Deloitte Global supports our network ofmember firms by developing and driving global strategy, programs, andplatforms, and creating new solutions and transformational experiences. Ourpeople share a passion for igniting change and a strong service orientationthat shapes our organization and those it supports.
Are you energized by helping organizations deliver highly secure, high quality, impactfulIT services in an accelerated manner in support of Digital Transformation?
If you're interested in implementing API services to automate theprovisioning, configuration, monitoring and management of IT to achieve speed,scalability, reliability and security, then Deloitte Global could bethe perfect place for you. We're looking for an experienced developer and analyticalthinker passionate about delivering API based services to join our team. We are seeking an API Development Lead.
Work you'll do:
The APIDevelopment Lead will be part of a team utilizing agile methodologies, thelatest automation tools, Infrastructure as Code (IAC) and APIs to configure andmaintain private and public cloud solutions including Azure, AWS and GCP. Youwill be engaged in architecting, designing, implementing, testing and deployingAPI's and automation providing infrastructure provisioning, configuration,change management and monitoring.
In addition todelivering APIs, the lead will also be involved inimplementing and refining a centralized API Management Platform and APIDeveloper portal and contributing to the definition of a standardized APIdevelopment process, governance and ongoing best practices.
Role Specific Responsibilities
· Capture API requirements including User experience(UX) through collaboration with Product Owners, Analysts, Subject MatterExperts, Application, Reliability, Cloud Operations and Infrastructure teams
· Develop, test and deliver globally availableplatform and hosting APIs using standard development languages, associatedframeworks, and testing tools for private and public cloud under anAgile/DevOps approach
· Deliver product information, functionalspecifications or operational procedures to support the API
· Define/Maintain SDLC process, KPI's for APIdevelopment·
· Define/Build/Maintain CI/CD Pipelines for APIdevelopment and delivery
· Implement and refine a centralized API ManagementPlatform and API Developer portal
· Lead/contribute to API development best practices
This Deloitte Global role requireslimited to no travel.
What you'llbe part of—our Deloitte Global culture:
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible—tangible—results. AndDeloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. Wereach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We arethe engine of Deloitte. We develop and lead global strategies and provideprograms and services that unite our network.
In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the importanceof your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fitin—with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and asupportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out—withopportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risksnecessary to make your mark.
Deloitte Global supports our talented professionals in answering thequestion: What impact will you make?
Who you'll work with:
The Deloitte Global Technology &Infrastructure Platform and Application team is responsible for providingsecure, reliable and scalable platform and infrastructure services to ourapplication and services teams.
To beconsidered for this role, there are certain qualifications you'll have to have.And others that would be really, really nice.
· Well versed in security requirements for APIdevelopment, able to apply the knowledge proactively in design, implementationand testing of APIs
· Working knowledge of software definedinfrastructure networking, storage and compute in high availability, highperformance hybrid cloud environments
· Experience developing and maintaining usable,robust, secure, performant APIs with modern technologies including REST andSOAP
· Solid understanding of functional andobject-oriented programming, API design and databases
· Experience documenting and testing API's usingtools like Swagger, Postman, SoapUI, JMeter, Tricentis Tosca…
· Experience with cloud service providers and APIsincluding one or more of the following: AWS, Azure, Google
· Possess a strong understanding of technologystacks, driving the informed selection and integration of technologies
· Experience working in a DevOps environment(Git/GitHub, CI/CD Pipelines, Azure DevOps (ADO), Kubernetes, Docker, Azure,AWS, GCP)
· 5-7 years of employment building scalable APIs,using database technologies
· Experience using Agile/Scrum/DevOps methodologies
· Strong written and spoken communication skills withthe ability to present when required
· Ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
· Attention to detail.
· Consistently displays a positive approach to theworking environment.
· Demonstrates commitment to ethical professionalpractice.
· Passionate for making things better and drivingaction with a sense of urgency
· Creative and innovative, taking a thorough,design-driven approach
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· Excellent at building relationships across teams
· Strong sense of accountability and ownership
· Desire to understand our businesses and users
· Understanding of the concepts and principles behindDevOps, CI/CD, Agile, Lean, etc.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical field
- Experience with API Management Platforms, MuleSoft preferred.
- Experience utilizing SQL and NoSQL Databases
- Understanding of service strategy and service management
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Nothing in this job description/posting shall constitute an offer or promise of employment. If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site (jobs2.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at jobs2.deloitte.com
Requisition code: D54966
Apply on company website