Tax Transformation - Business Process Design Manager
If you are a leader with a passion for transforming global tax business with digital technology, consider working with the US Tax Transformation team. This is an exciting opportunity to support global execution of Deloitte's tax strategy as we shift from “doing digital” to “being digital” by reimagining how we engage with our clients, deliver our services, operate our business, and create value.
Over the past several years, Deloitte Tax LLP (“Deloitte Tax”) has had great success in delivering technology-enabled tax services to its clients. As a result, Deloitte Tax is expanding its Technology group. The Tax Transformation group is focused on developing new service offerings and technology solutions that assist us in delivering tax services to our clients. This is an ideal opportunity to be part of a cutting edge and innovative start-up environment within the larger Deloitte Tax organization.
Work you'll do
You will be responsible for facilitating and driving the development of “to-be” business processes and insights to align with existing/new data and technology to transform the delivery of existing and new Tax services. Additional responsibilities include:
• Drive and execute against the reimagine approach within the project team and business stakeholders
• Lead and facilitate design workshops aimed at identifying and designing the future state
• Coordinate planning, activities, working sessions, and focus groups to support future-state thinking
• Engage directly with experts and senior leaders to gather insights as input into conceptual designs
• Capture business needs and map to backlog in collaboration with technology teams
• Perform fit/gap analysis against business needs to identify change impacts and impediments
• Oversee development of future-state throughout multiple phases of the program
• Perform core project management tasks such as work planning and status reporting
• Lead the reimagine team providing day-to-day oversight and guidance
At Deloitte, our tax consultants provide a full-range of tax services to clients. We help our clients combine tax data, processes, technology, and people in new ways to uncover valuable business insights and arrive at smarter solutions to business challenges. Our team members work collaboratively and apply their specialized knowledge and experience to help clients navigate past complex tax and financial reporting issues. We offer deep insights into their business practices and procedures and help them make more informed decisions to enhance their business' efficiencies. Learn more about Deloitte Tax
• 8+ years professional experience in business, technology or tax environment
• Bachelor's degree in a business, technology, or related field
• 8+ years' experience leading and developing business process designs
• Experience in workshop facilitation and design thinking concepts and methods
• Experience in professional environment developing polished presentations, talking points, and content
• High proficiency in MS Office tools: Project, Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, MS Teams, SharePoint
• Ability to travel up to 50%
• Must be located in major metropolitan area
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• PMP or other relevant certification
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong listening, interpersonal, and facilitation skills
• Able to interact effectively with professionals at all levels and communicate recommendations
• Demonstrated experience working with and influencing as part of a team
• Motivated, resourceful, and dependable
• Understanding of Waterfall/Agile project delivery concepts and methods
• Previous tax experience (specifically within return compliance)
• Master's degree
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20CHITMGRSM010-TTO
Apply on company website