Channel Sales Manager – Salesforce
Technology, Media and Telecommunications Industry Focus
Deloitte is currently seeking candidates for our Channel Sales Manager (CSM) role, focusing on digital transformations enabled by Salesforce solutions for Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT) clients. The CSM's primary objective is to identify and qualify early stage opportunities by working directly with the Salesforce sales teams. The CSM will bring a clear, compelling perspective on the value Deloitte offers as a go-to-market partner with Salesforce—and how Deloitte and Salesforce can position and sell our combined solutions to target accounts. CSMs will need to have strong networking skills, great sales instincts, outstanding communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment across a matrixed organization.
CSMs are members of Deloitte's Salesforce Sales Team. CSMs, working closely with Sales Executives, Principals and Managing Directors, focus on developing trusted relationships with Salesforce Sales teams, Partner Alliance teams and Go-To-Market teams. The CSM will work most closely with the existing Sales Executives as the highly visible go-to Deloitte team member for the Salesforce TMT Sales and Partner Alliance teams. Additionally, CSMs will engage directly with the broader Deloitte TMT teams for knowledge-sharing and evangelizing Deloitte's Salesforce capabilities.
Work you'll do:
CSMs will take a lead role in securing and maturing many key relationships with Salesforce AEs and sales management across the Salesforce TMT teams. The CSM will develop engagement and coverage strategies, co-facilitate meetings, secure and prepare for quarterly business reviews, grow our pipeline by identifying and shaping new leads, manage pipeline in Deloitte's instance of Salesforce, drive attendance to marketing events and help shape new offerings.
Key activities include:
- Identify new leads in the TMT industry with Salesforce and Deloitte account teams
- Qualify new leads based on a select group of sector specific criteria
Establish yourself as the face of Deloitte to all salesforce sales executives and sales leaders.
Drive the initial interaction between qualified sales account discussions between Deloitte account teams and Salesforce sales professionals.
- Create excitement around Deloitte's Salesforce capabilities with the Salesforce TMT Teams
- Develop authentic and trusted relationships with Salesforce team members
- Leverage Salesforce relationships to identify new sales leads, with a focus on creating leads at new logo accounts
- Partner with the TMT Sales Executive (SE) to qualify and shape leads into new sales opportunities
Work closely with Deloitte TMT Sector leaders across Telco, Media and Technology in our Salesforce practice and also with our Deloitte industry leaders
- Assist with business development activities by teeing up account planning sessions with the appropriate Deloitte team members and Salesforce sales team
Meet sales targets/goals that will be set based on the number of new qualified leads surfaced on a monthly basis.
- Learn Deloitte's Salesforce differentiators and create client-specific marketing and selling materials
- Track market trends and propose ideas for new differentiators to address new market opportunities
- CSM brings a strong understanding of core Sales, Service and Marketing functions in the TMT industry and how they are evolving via digital transformation
- CSM has a general understanding of how our TMT clients are shifting to flexible consumption models for their products and services
- Take a lead role in the opportunity management process, including actively leveraging the Deloitte Salesforce solution for efficient collaboration and communication
- Work with the TMT SE and broader team on partner planning meeting preparation, including agenda development, research, materials creation, logistics, as well as notes capture and report outs
- Propose ideas for events to connect with clients, including customization of Deloitte eminence materials and distribution of relevant thought-leadership to key stakeholders
- Promote Deloitte presence at partner events to vendor contacts and Deloitte clients
- Drive client attendance at Deloitte and Salesforce events
- Support the broader team by collecting and curating relevant selling materials (thought leadership, success stories, proposals, etc.)
- Travel of 25% for key events (While 25% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree
Experience in large enterprise sales (not looking for alliance experience)
Proven track record of success in prior cloud sales position selling into large corporate clients
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Exceptional relationship building/relationship management skills to establish rapport, trust and confidence with vendor teams
Working knowledge and experience in one of the Telco, Media or Technology industry sectors
Team player with excellent follow-up skills
- Project Management experience (process-oriented) and ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrated success in driving top-of-the-funnel activity, including a consistent track record of building pipeline/exceeding a sales quota
- Experience in technology consulting
- Experience and deep understanding of solution selling fundamentals, including—lead identification, qualification, stakeholder mapping, competitive analysis, budget confirmation, and compelling events
- Experience and understanding of forecasting, including—phase assignment, probability, close dates, risk analysis
- Demonstrated success performing in a large matrixed organization
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite – strong PowerPoint and Excel skills critical
- Proficient in Salesforce Sales Cloud
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and interact with all levels of management
- Ability to act autonomously, self-starter
- Quick learner with high energy, persistence and creative problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented, ability to adapt to changing environment
- Enthusiastic and willingness to be engaged
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Deep understanding of digital transformation
- Techno-functional understanding of the Salesforce portfolio and supporting ecosystem
- Working knowledge and selling experience in one or all of Telco, Media or Technology industry sectors.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E21CHISMRJD021-CSL5
Apply on company website