Chief of Staff to the Deloitte Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
Internal Services - Senior Manager
Are you a dynamic, proactive, and decisive professional who exhibits business process knowledge, possesses a broad-based operational perspective, and provides solutions for strategic issues? Are you eager to have an opportunity to participate in a major transformation effort? Do you have a love for driving business growth through all things marketing, sales, and clients? Are you interested in an opportunity to develop your leadership and operational experience, and have a significant impact on the future of the consulting business?
We're looking for a sharp, analytical thinker who is comfortable creating structure and paving paths through ambiguity to meet strategic transformation objectives. The Chief of Staff will have the ability to multi-task and deliver on several projects in a fast-paced, high-visibility setting. This role will require significant engagement with leaders across the Marketing & Sales Team and broader organization.
Work You'll Do
The Chief of Staff is responsible for the support and execution of the marketing and sales vision and priorities both in terms of providing strategic guidance, as well as driving/supporting the implementation of key initiatives. This role represents a unique opportunity to work with senior leadership in the areas of strategy, planning and Marketing & Selling. This key role will also be involved in operations management, as well as the development and execution of strategies in a complex business environment at the direction of senior leadership within the firm.
- Drives the strategy and operations that allow Marketing & Sales to design and execute leading edge programs that create marketplace distinction, accelerate sales motions, and drive business growth
- Provides critical leadership in the strategic transformation of Marketing & Sales integration to drive innovative new approaches to go to market and deliver on pipeline and business growth targets
- Innovates to introduce new ways to engage clients, shape demand and create preference before demand signals
- Collaborates directly with business leadership around strategic priorities
- Plans and directs administrative, financial, and operational activities for Deloitte's Marketing & Sales organization
- Seeks feedback from business counterparts to continually improve brand promise and the value the Marketing & Sales team delivers
- Represents Deloitte Marketing & Sales leaders in relevant meetings, discussions, and conference calls
- Directs leadership and operational communications to key audiences and stakeholders, as well as writes and prepares business-wide communications
- Prepares and consolidates leadership dashboards and reports
- Coordinates and executes special projects for Deloitte's Chief Marketing Officer
- Cultivates a top talent experience with an emphasis on innovation and inspiration for marketers at all levels
- Ability to build strong relationships and interact with all levels within the firm, including top leadership
- Demonstrated executive presence and experience managing high-touch relationships and highly sensitive business matters involving strategy and planning
- Experience in operations-led transformation, preferably in building world-class integrated Marketing & Sales organizations
- Expert in Microsoft applications (i.e., PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams, etc.)
- Potential travel up to 20% (While 20% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Bachelor's Degree
- 12+ years of relevant experience
- Location: Open to any US location. West Coast or Bay Area is a plus
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Unyielding focus on quality results (analyses and deliverables)
- Success and comfort operating in an unstructured environment and leading through ambiguity
- Team player with a “customer-focused” mentality
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to dive into detail when needed
- Ability to coordinate across many constituents
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in both in-person and virtual settings
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 53213
Apply on company website