Are you interested in working in a dynamic environment that offers opportunities for professional growth and new responsibilities? If so, Deloitte & Touche LLP could be the place for you. Traditional security programs have often been unsuccessful in unifying the need to both secure and support technology innovation required by the business. Join Deloitte's Advisory Cloud Cyber Services team and become a member of the largest group of cybersecurity professionals worldwide.
Work you'll do
As a Cloud Security Senior Consultant, you will be at the front lines with our clients supporting them with their cloud security needs to securely navigate their journey to the cloud on the leading cloud platforms, by implementing industry leading practices around cyber risks and cloud security for clients. You will execute on cloud security engagements during different phases of the lifecycle – assessment, design, implementation, and post-implementation reviews, particularly you will:
- Serve as a subject matter expert on cloud cyber risk for at least one of the leading cloud platforms (AWS, Microsoft Azure/ Office 365, GCP, Alibaba Cloud, Oracle Cloud).
- Conduct cloud security assessments and provide recommendations on required configurations for client cloud platforms (such as AWS, Azure, GCP, Alibaba Cloud, Oracle Cloud) and environments based on Deloitte's Cloud Cyber Risk Framework. This can include cloud-native or third-party solutions including directory services (e.g., LDAP, Azure Active Directory (AAD)), infrastructure (compute/networking/storage) services, data protection services, security monitoring, logging, PaaS services, and SaaS services (e.g., 0ffice 365).
- Provide technical security support for cloud-native (e.g., AAD) and third-party security services and resolve service-related issues through research, troubleshooting, and working with cloud service providers and third-party security solution vendors.
- Support proof of concept and production deployments of these cloud technologies.
- Perform technical health checks for cloud platforms/environments prior to broader deployment and assist clients with configuration of cloud platform scanning tools, and delivery of cloud security and compliance reports.
- Design and develop cloud platform-specific security policies, standards, and procedures for management group and account/subscription management and configuration (e.g. Azure Policy, Azure Security Center, AWS Config), identity management and access control, firewall management, auditing and monitoring, security incident and event management, data protection, user and administrator account management, SSO, conditional access controls and password/secrets management.
- Troubleshoot problems with cloud infrastructure (e.g., domain name service, virtual network peering, dedicated cloud connectivity services – Azure ExpressRoute, AWS DirectConnect, Google Cloud Dedicated Interconnect) and resources (e.g., virtual machines, virtual networks, cloud databases) in a multi-cloud vendor environment and document technical platform issues, analysis, client communication, and resolution as part of cyber risk mitigation steps.
- Assist clients in the selection and tailoring of approaches, methods, and tools to support cloud adoption for secure migration of existing workloads to a cloud vendor. This may cover services such as tenant setup and service configuration focused on cloud cyber risk mitigation, IAM (e.g., PIM/PAM, MFA, SSO, Conditional Access), data protection (e.g., DLP, encryption, PKI), network security (e.g., firewalls, WAF), etc.
- Perform cloud orchestration and automation (Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)) in single and multi-tenant environments using tools like Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt etc.
- Design, implement, manage, and automate DevSecOps capabilities in cloud offerings using CI/CD toolsets and automation (e.g., Boto3, Lambda, Azure Functions, Google Functions, Python, JSON).
- Support and enable junior team members across both technical and management leadership capacities.
- Provide internal cloud security technical training to Advisory personnel as needed.
- Support the team on proposals, whitepapers, proof of concepts, technical eminence materials and firm initiatives.
Deloitte Advisory's Cloud Cyber team helps complex organizations more confidently pursue their growth, innovation and performance agendas through proactive management of the associated cyber risks. Our professionals provide advisory and implementation services that integrate risk, regulatory, and technology skills to help clients transform their legacy programs into proactive Secure.Vigilant.Resilient.TM cyber risk programs. Join the team developing the future state of cyber risk solutions. Learn more about Deloitte Advisory's Cyber Risk Services practice.
Working experience in at least two of the areas listed below.
- 4+ years of hands-on technical experience with at least one cloud platform in security or infrastructure implementation and operations. 4+ years of hands-on technical experience with infrastructure systems such as networking (e.g. WAF, Firewall and load balancing), operating systems, SCCM and endpoint engineering, and infrastructure automation implementation or operations.
- 4+ years of hands-on technical experience with Cloud Identity and Access management solutions in implementation and operations.
- 4+ years of experience with Big Data and advanced analytics, or AI/ML services (such as Amazon Aurora/Azure SQL/Google Cloud SQL, Amazon EMR/Azure HDInsight/Cloud DataProc, Key management solutions, Storage and backup, Load balancing, Security Management, Databases and EC2 or VM machine hosting Databricks, Data Factory, Amazon Athena/Data Lake Storage/BigQuery, Azure Analysis Services, Synapse Analytics, Machine Learning, etc.)
Ideally the following cloud-related technical experience:
- 2+ years of working with different Cloud platforms (Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)) and environments (Public, Private, Hybrid) in a security role.
- 2+ years of hands-on technical experience implementing security solutions for leading Cloud service providers e.g., Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud.
- 2+ years of full stack development and strong experience with either one of these Python, Java, Angular, R, Go.
- 1+ years of hands-on technical experience enterprise-level security incident and event management (SIEM) implementation or operations.
- 1+ years of infrastructure automation (such as PowerShell, Terraform, Puppet) or DevOps/DevSecOps experience.
- 1+ years of containerization experience (Kubernetes, Docker).
- 2+ years of consulting experience.
- 1+ years of PowerShell, ARM and JSON programing.
- BA/BS Degree is required. Ideally in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Security, Engineering, Information Technology.
- Travel up to 50% (While 80% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice).
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Previous Consulting or Big 4 experience preferred.
- Experience with previous cloud migrations is a plus
- Experience with JSON, Python, XML and ability to write cloud automation scripts desired.
- Certifications such as: AWS Certified Architect, Microsoft new role-based certifications (Azure), GCP Cloud Architect, GCP Cloud Security Engineer CCSP, CISSP.
- Knowledge of security and privacy-related industry standards and frameworks (e.g., ISO 27001/2, NIST 800-53, NIST CSF, CSA CCM) is a plus.
- Experience with IP networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing and firewalling concepts – (Focus on cloud native networking, Palo Alto and Cisco DMVPN).
- Experience with Centrify, MFA, McAfee AV, Tenable/Nessus, Trend Micro, Splunk, STIG Hardening.
- Experience with data security tooling (such as Voltage / Informatica) integration with cloud-based storage and data warehouse (DWH) solutions including, but not limited to, EMR / BigTable / BigQuery / DataProc.
- Experience with integration of AI/ML for Advanced Security Analytics with existing on-premise and cloud platforms (e.g., Network Intelligence/ Sentinel/ Chronicle Backstory).
- Knowledge of business process, user provisioning process, and security maintenance processes.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte Advisory" means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 15236
Apply on company website