Do you have a strategic and executional mindset that can deliver high-value communications results that drive business objectives? We need entrepreneurial and passionate professionals to play in this world. If this is you, hit the “Apply Now” button!
Work you'll do For over 175+ years, Deloitte's purpose has been unwavering: to make an impact that matters. This purpose is deeply woven into the fabric of our organization. It guides our interactions with our people, our clients, and our communities—and it is integral to our diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) strategy. The Communications Senior Manager will be responsible for leading DEI strategic communications. Specifically, the role will focus on:
Leading integrated communications campaigns, under the leadership of Deloitte's Chief DEI Officer, and interfacing with senior leaders to drive the DEI strategy and advance priorities.
- Working across teams and with multiple stakeholders including the Office of the CEO, Brand, Purpose, Risk, and Public Relations to deliver innovative communications both internally to Deloitte's US and India professionals, and externally.
- Building a robust social media platform for Deloitte's Chief DEI Officer to amplify Deloitte's strategic priorities and commitment to DEI.
- Positioning Deloitte as a thought leader, committed to Diversity & Equity, Inclusion & Belonging, Workforce Well-Being, and making an external impact to lead the change we want to see in the world.
Additionally, the role requires you to:
- Be a creative thinker, someone who thinks outside of the box, and has the ability to implement innovative communication platforms and tools, including leading-edge public relations strategies.
- Navigate a matrixed organizational structure and make the strategic connections across internal and external communications to drive success, including the proven ability to manage external agencies.
- Be a leader, team player, and proactive professional who works and thinks strategically, while guiding the team at the tactical level to deliver high-value communications results.
- Develop internal communications to inspire professionals both in the US and India, increase engagement, and accelerate the adoption curve of initiatives.
- Leverage superlative organizational and project management skills; craft agile short-term and long-term action plans.
- Use strong skills in writing and editing and coach team members on how to impact significant change through written communication.
- Counsel senior leaders regarding communications objectives, programs, and tactics.
- Measure the effectiveness of communications strategies and approaches.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times when dealing with sensitive or proprietary information.
- Communications professional with at least 12+ years of relevant experience, in multi-dimensional communications programs, including the use of social media
- Experience with and/or deep understanding of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in Communications, English, or Journalism, is required.
- Strong writing and editing skills and previous writing/editing experience in internal communications, PR, or journalism fields required.
- Experience in successfully managing and delivering executive communications requests in a large-scale corporate environment preferred.
- Proven ability to research, analyze, and consolidate complex content into cohesive, clear, straightforward messaging.
- Proven success in developing and executing internal communications strategy and communications plans for a large business, preferably in professional services.
- Experience in managing and coaching communications professionals, and teaming across business units.
- Strong knowledge of best practices in corporate communications.
- Experience in measuring the effectiveness of communication strategies and approaches.
- Expert-level proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word; knowledgeable in all aspects of Microsoft Office and ancillary programs.
- Travel of up to 15% (While 15% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 18559
Apply on company website