Are you interested in working in a dynamic environment that offers opportunities for professional growth and new responsibilities? Are you interested in helping clients drive alignment with their business, improve organizational and human resource performance and establish a culture focused on adding business value? That is what the new generation of human resource transformation is all about. If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to advise Government and Public Services (GPS) clients through critical and complex issues, while allowing you to develop personally and professionally, consider a career in Deloitte's Human Capital practice.
Work you'll do
As a Deloitte Consulting Compensation Strategies Manager in the Rewards practice of Deloitte's GPS Human Capital group, you will perform the following job responsibilities:
- Lead total cash compensation studies for a variety of public sector clients (federal, state, local and higher education organizations)
- Lead the development of base pay and incentive compensation program design
- Lead M&A integration projects focusing on program and job harmonization
- Model financial impact of compensation plans in support of compensation plan analysis and design
- Lead compensation function process definition and organization structure design projects
- Collaborate with clients to conduct performance metrics studies
- Prepare client reports including exhibits and summaries
- Lead significant portions of large client projects and work streams
- Manage mid-sized to large projects with minimal direction
- Participate in broader ARA projects including performance management, employee benefits, retirement, healthcare, performance optimization, cash/non-cash reward and recognition
- Participate in marketing initiatives including support on developing compensation work and methodology approaches, writing and supporting proposals and conducting surveys
- Research and prepare speeches for internal and external presentation
- Contribute to intellectual eminence and the development of firm viewpoints on a variety of total rewards topics
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice – our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
The Workforce Transformation (WFT) offering helps clients consider how work, workforces and workplaces need to be reimagined in the service of future business strategy. We collaborate with clients to evaluate the nature of work, how the composition of the workforce will evolve to meet business needs, and how to activate next generation leaders, learning, skills, and incentives for the future.
- Bachelor's degree
- 8 years of experience in compensation in the public or private sector with a minimum of 5 years' experience in public sector compensation experience or a compensation consulting background including public sector experience
- Strong knowledge of compensation surveys, custom survey design and statistical analysis, incentive plan design and analysis, job evaluation methodologies and pay structure analysis and design
- Strong critical thinking and technical skills
- Strong attention to detail, time management and follow through
- Self-motivated and able to work with little direct supervision
- Experience managing mid-to-large sized
- Ability to lead and direct staff
- Experience writing proposals and participating in business development activities
- Expert proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Up to 50% travel required
- 6 years of experience in a compensation consulting firm with public sector compensation consulting experience
- 8 years of experience with in both public sector and private sector internal compensation roles
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 22244
Apply on company website