Are you a problem solver who likes to figure out what lies behind the financial numbers? Are you interested in identifying key business issues to drive meaningful change? If so, Deloitte could be the place for you! Join our team of collaborative Specialists in Deloitte's Accounting and Reporting Transformation (A&RT) practice who focus on applying technical experience and a value driven methodology to help our clients solve accounting related challenges within complex operational environments. If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to advise Federal clients through critical issues, while allowing you to develop personally and professionally, consider a career in Deloitte Advisory's A&RT practice.
Work you'll do
As a Consultant within our practice, you will:
• Work with clients to identify financial control issues and gaps.
• Design and implement technical solutions to improve financial management activities
• Assist with accounting and financial reporting operations
• Advise our clients on technical accounting and internal controls matters.
• Identify opportunities for efficiencies in process and innovative approaches to completing scope of work
• Participate in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues.
• Conduct relevant research, data analysis, and create reports.
• Maintain responsibility for completion and accuracy of work products
• Assist in proposal development, as requested
• Actively expand consulting skills and professional development through training courses, mentoring, and daily interaction with clients
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping government initiatives today. Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the GPS practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the marketplace.
Our GPS A&RT professionals help finance leaders solve complex issues impacting risk, integrity and efficiency. Our team helps clients prepare for financial close, address compliance regulations, improve process and controls around financial reporting, and implement new accounting requirements. Our practice can provide the support organizations need with a comprehensive approach to tackle the most challenging accounting and financial issues that impact risk within an agency environment.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or other Business-related field
• 0-1+ year of experience performing financial statement audits and/or auditability assessments
• 0-1+ year of experience in reviewing, analyzing, validating, and reconciling financial/accounting information
• Experience improving Federal accounting and transaction process, internal control objectives and generally accepted accounting principles
• Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 and/or OMB Circular A-123 documentation, Financial Improvement Audit Readiness (FIAR), testing and reporting requirements.
• Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
• Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience
• Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools
• Ability to obtain and maintain the required clearance for this role
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
• Consulting experience in any of the following areas: business process improvement, financial management policies and procedures, financial system integrations, etc.
• Familiarity with U.S. government financial accounting systems
• Certifications including CPA, CDFM, CGFM, CFA
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E20ROSADVCONMJ01
Apply on company website