Strategy and Analytics - Consumer Products and Retail Manager
The Consumer industry is focused on serving the changing consumer, who has rapidly evolving needs, behaviors and preferences for products, services, and experiences. Our
Retail & Consumer Products
sector is undergoing a transformation fueled by an empowered consumer, technology advancements, market fragmentation and blurring lines across the industry. Organizations are racing to compete for the consumer's attention and win share of wallet, which is creating unique challenges to innovate, modernize technology and transform business models with the winners ultimately seeing this as a consumer-led renaissance.
\n Strategy team's job is to architect programs that transform our clients' businesses. To do this, we have assembled a practice of leading business and technology strategy experts that each contribute unique capabilities and insights – including Corporate & Business Unit Strategy, Technology Strategy & Insights, Enterprise Model Design, Enterprise Cloud Strategy and Business Transformation.
Strategy & Analytics
Business Strategy Managers serve as trusted advisors to our clients, working with them to make clear, insight-driven choices about ‘where to play' and ‘how to win' in order to drive growth, margin, and enterprise value. \n
Work you'll do
Managers are central to our success! You will lead project work streams or components of large, complex engagements and oversee the analyses required to develop meaningful insights to address our clients' biggest challenges. These challenges encompass everything from helping clients increase revenues, decrease costs, improve margin or optimize their operating model and system. You will interface directly with our clients, you will develop and mentor your junior colleagues, and you will enhance your skillset by working with Deloitte experts across the firm.\n\n\n
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university with strong undergraduate academic record.
- 6+ years of professional experience, either functioning as a Manager in a Consulting environment, or managing teams in an Operating environment. In either scenario, the experience focused on Corporate & Business Unit Strategy, Commercial Strategy, and Strategic Business Transformation.
- Experience crafting and implementing strategies for growth and margin improvement at the corporate, business or product level.
- Demonstrates consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility; performed above expectations in professional roles.
- Superior critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, team-building and communication skills; outstanding integrity, initiative, creativity, and passion.
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment; strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Ability to work independently; lead teams focused on specific work streams of large projects.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, presentation skills and MS Visio, PowerPoint, Excel and PowerPoint proficiency.
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Ability to define trends across industries and apply those impacts on client vision.
- Deep understanding of sector ecosystems and how our clients can create value in dynamic, non-linear value chains.
- Basic understanding of the core digital technologies that underpin world class business and commercial strategies.
- Ability to drive both the sales cycle by taking the lead in framing out client opportunities and lead the pursuit team to create the proposal content for client discussions.
- Experience creating road maps and detailed financial business cases for change.
- Experience and comfort in using analytical methods to create project analyses and recommendation support.
- Ability to interface with senior client executives, and to create compelling presentations and analyses.
- Advanced degree in business (e.g., MBA) from a top tier program.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20NATCMGRSF127-SA
Apply on company website