Position Summary Core Business Tax - Manager Are you a strategic and creative federal tax professional who likes solving complex federal tax issues? Do phrases like “accounting for income taxes,” “tax advisory,” and “tax controversy” pique your interest? Do you enjoy providing federal tax compliance and consulting services to large global and dynamic midsize clients across a variety of industries? If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, you should consider a career in Deloitte's Business Tax Services (Federal tax) practice! What You'll Do As a Tax Manager within the Business Tax Services group, you will provide federal tax consulting and compliance services to a diverse client base in various industry sectors. You will work directly with the client, manage the tax engagement team, have access to an elite group of specialists when needed, and be connected to a strong support system from firm leadership to ensure you are set up for success in your role and career. Responsibilities Will Include:
- Maintaining and developing strong client relationships on various federal tax consulting/compliance engagements.
- Advising clients on a variety of tax issues including accounting for income taxes, FTA (periods, methods & credits), tax provisions, tax compliance, business restructuring, and tax controversy.
- Overseeing complex federal tax compliance and consulting projects requiring tax analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates.
- Managing engagement workflow, engagement team resources, and engagement billing.
- Providing leadership, counseling, and career guidance for the development and motivation of the engagement team.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- 5+ years' experience in federal tax compliance, federal tax accounting and provisions, tax analysis, and tax research
- One of the following Accreditations obtained, or in process, or must be able/willing to obtain:
- Licensed attorney
- Enrolled agent
- Strong management experience
- Travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM
- Experience working in a virtual and/or global environment
- Passion for leveraging technology and exploring new technology solutions
- Solid understanding with accounting for income taxes in accordance to ASC740
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 42166
Apply on company website