Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
Data Center Network Architect
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's Information Technology Services (ITS). We are insatiably curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work you'll do
This position will perform the functions of a Data Center Network Architect with a specific focus on Regional Data Center technology, infrastructure, and hybrid cloud efforts. It will involve high-scale data center network designs and implementation leveraging Cisco ACI and managed services solutions. The Data Center Architect has the responsibility to oversee the implementation, the supportability of cloud-based solutions, and related data center infrastructure for the Technology and Infrastructure (T&I) organization, as well as the internal hosting for Function Set Subsidiaries. The successful candidate will work with other Technology Services teams (Compute, Storage, Security, Cyber, Data Center services, etc.), as well as, application teams to understand business requirements and identify appropriate solutions. The Data Center Architect serves a critical role in furthering the firms' adoption of an API-driven data center and cloud-consumption model.
- Play a pivotal role in developing and implementing data center technology services and cloud-based network adoption strategy towards an API-driven infrastructure.
- Provide expert level technical support to customers and internal teams accordingly on data center network designs, and complex issues
- Participate in business requirement gathering sessions, gather user data requirements, understand the user requirements, and assist in the reconciliation of technical and business needs as they relate to cloud or data center solutions.
- Besides, this position will assist with presentations, proposals, conduct training sessions, and participate in vendor, as well as customer reviews
- Research emerging technologies in support of data center and infrastructure development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility.
- Candidate must be able to work in an energetic team environment to support the design, development, testing, documentation, and support of company projects.
- Candidates for this position must be willing and able to represent themselves and the organization professionally to customers and vendors alike through both verbal and written communications.
- Candidates must be willing and able to travel occasionally.
- Work across teams, and external customer groups to develop strategy, design solutions, and advise implementation teams during deployment.
- Deliver guidance, best practices, and other assistance to prospects, new engagements, member firms, and clients.
- Build and maintain technical relationships with managers of the organization, member firms, clients, and technology providers by leading and facilitating technology discussions and aligning solutions with client needs.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's success. ITS is the engine that helps to drive Deloitte, which serves many of the world's largest organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence. The 2,200 professionals in ITS deliver services internally including:
- Cyber security
- Technology support
- Technology & Infrastructure
- Application development and management
- Relationship management group
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Minimum 6 years of experience with designing, engineering, and implementing data center networks and technology solutions in increasingly complex environments.
- Experience as a network integrator, interfacing with clients, and internal stakeholder groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills, as demonstrated by extensive prior experience working effectively with clients, within teams, and in a matrixed environment; viewed as a thought leader and influencer within their organization.
- Expert-level understanding of dynamic routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP), IPv4, IPv6, Multicast, STP, Fabricpath, VPC, VDC, OTV, TCP/IP, etc.
- Experience with the following technologies: Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (HCI), Software-Defined Networking (SDN), Cisco ACI, VxLAN, MPLS, DNS, DHCP, VDI, system/network/storage/security components, and other related programs; Ability to learn new systems as needed.
- Experience with Cisco NXOS, IOS XE, IOS XR. Cisco AS100X, Nexus 9336, 93180, 9504 etc.
- Networking Protocols, design, and products: Ethernet, IP, switching, routing, spanning tree, OTV, LISP, FabricPath, etc.
- Storage networking protocols: Fibre Channel, iSCSI, and NFS/CIFS, storage multi-pathing
- X86 hardware solutions. Rack and blade server solutions from HP, IBM, Dell, and Cisco
- Firewalls/IPS, load balancers, and WAN optimization
- VMware: ESXi, vCenter, vSwitch operations, SRM (site recovery manager, etc.)
- Experience with Data Center facilities: power/cooling/cabling.
- Virtualization: Hypervisors, server, and desktop virtualization
- Cisco: Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI), Nexus Spine & Leaf architectures,
Must possess exceptional Microsoft Visio network drawing and solution design documentation ability
- Excellent problem-solving skills in multiple complex operating environments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge about Software as a service (SaaS) and Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) technologies such as Kubernetes and container Orchestration
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
- Experience with network automation
- Excellent problem-solving skills in multiple complex operating environments.
- Eight years or more of experience with technical infrastructure and data center implementations
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to help them to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20NATSMGRLJ080-ITL5
Apply on company website