When organizations undergo significant changes, face difficult roadblocks, seek process efficiency or identify technological opportunities, they need a trusted advisor to help them drive decisions and navigate challenges. Our Summer Scholars collaborate with our clients to deliver strategies to help them adapt to their unique challenges, opportunities, and meet their objectives. We are seeking candidates with outstanding leadership experience, strong academic performance, and excellent communication skills to join our Government and Public Services practice.
Work You'll Do
As a Summer Scholar, you will be an integral member of a client service team, collaborating with diverse and talented team members to help solve multidimensional problems, improve performance, and generate value for our clients. You can capitalize on our cross-industry presence to find your niche and build your individual brand within the organization. This person should have strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to solve complex problems and communicate findings.
While a career in consulting is dynamic and evolving, we look for people who will perform in specific areas, grow those related skills, and deliver exceptional results to our clients. We recognize that you have unique skills, experiences, and interests, so we divide the broad scope of the Summer Scholar role into skills-based profiles in order to best align each Summer Scholar with a focus area. Setting our people up for success is our highest priority. We are currently recruiting Summer Scholars whose skills and interests align with one of the following areas (you will receive more information about the profiles available to you through your school career site/recruiter):
Actuarial Summer Scholar
- This Summer Scholar builds financial & mathematical models that can improve organizational performance and help clients make informed business decisions. This Analyst also advises clients on complex business problems by interpreting large data sets using statistical methods to quantify risk. Majors: Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics
Application & Program Summer Scholar
- This Summer Scholar brings effective application knowledge, project management and delivery approaches to implementation and operations projects. This Summer Scholar has the opportunity to configure technology applications for our clients. Through technology based knowledge, this Summer Scholar creates executable project plans and metrics-driven testing strategies to help build sustainable post go-live support structures. Majors: All Majors
Business Technology Solutions Summer Scholar
- This Summer Scholar leverages technology skills and business domain knowledge to advise clients on industry, operational and technical best practices. This Summer Scholar is interested in technology landscapes and brings a technology enabled approach to problem solving. From visioning stages through plan execution, this Summer Scholar works to inform clients technology decisions, facilitate the scaling of capabilities and promote the delivery of organization vision. This Summer Scholar utilizes improved business processes and technology backed performance efficiencies to enhance client impact. This Summer Scholar is interested in designing and testing technology landscapes, working with hot skills and platforms. Majors: STEM, Engineering, Information Management, Information Systems
Data Summer Scholar
- This Summer Scholar leverages data analytics and technology skills to enable the use of data in decision making. This Summer Scholar designs and develops cloud based data processing pipelines, machine learning predictive models, data visualization dashboards and other data driven systems. Majors: Data Science, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, and other Quantitative Fields
Marketing & Advertising Summer Scholar
- This Summer Scholar assesses client requirements, analyzes target markets, and designs marketing strategies. The Summer Scholar also conducts research and drives implementation of marketing technology tools. This Summer Scholar designs digital campaigns on market research, creates and maintains a digital brand through engaging content and increases message reach through compelling stories. Majors: Advertising, Marketing, Creative Studies, Journalism
Solutions Engineering Summer Scholar
- This Summer Scholar has a pioneer mindset when it comes to technical solutioning. This Summer Scholar is a tinkerer, problem solver, programmer, and amateur hacker who enjoys applying these skills in their work. This Summer Scholar enjoys rolling up their sleeves to make things work and isn't afraid to challenge teammates and clients to push beyond conventional designs and thinking to develop deeper capabilities. This Summer Scholar is interested in coding and enjoys both the technical and customer side of their roles. Majors: Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, and other Technical degrees
Strategy Summer Scholar
- This Summer Scholar has a natural curiosity for solving problems and is comfortable with ambiguity and creating their own path. This Summer Scholar regularly employs a business first lens while solving problems and is able to help drive strategic transformation and deliver solutions to clients. This Summer Scholar demonstrates a breadth and depth of capabilities and is prepared to take on a range of business and organizational challenges, and assess the role technology plays. Majors: Business, Economics, Public Policy, Government, Psychology, Industrial and Labor Relations, Human Development, and other Liberal Arts majors
Supply Chain and Network Operations Analyst
- This Analyst assists in creating policies, practices, and procedures to improve and enhance complex supply chains in a wide variety of organizations. The Analyst will architect enterprise, customer and operating model strategies and develop ways to measure operational performance. Majors: Supply Chain, Operations Management, STEM
UX & Visual Designers
- This Summer Scholar improves customer experience by working with stakeholders to define workflows and designs for user interfaces. This Summer Scholar visualizes new concepts including sketches, early stage wireframes and service design visualizations. Majors: STEM, Graphic Design, Information Systems, Computer Science
Our practitioners will be able to maintain the specialization they have built to date in certain areas while also learning how it connects to broader issues in the market. We are committed to continuously supporting our practitioners as they build skills in either one specific part of our business or across the business – our Portfolio is structured to facilitate this learning. Engagement teams at Deloitte drive value for our clients but also understand the importance of developing resources and contributing to the communities in which we work. We make it our business to take issue to impact, both within and beyond a client setting.
- Junior standing in a full-time academic program with target graduation dates between December 2021 and August 2022, with academic area of study in the following or related majors (you will receive more information about the profiles available to you through your school career site/recruiter):
- Actuarial Summer Scholar: Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics
- Application & Program Summer Scholar: All Majors
- Applied AI Summer Scholar: Applied AI, Data Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science
- Business Technology Solutions Summer Scholar: STEM, Engineering, Information Management, Information Systems
- Data Summer Scholar: Data Science, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, and other quantitative fields
- Marketing & Advertising Summer Scholar: Advertising, Marketing, Creative Studies, Journalism
- Solutions Engineering Summer Scholar: Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, and other Technical degrees
- Strategy Summer Scholar: Business, Economics, Public Policy, Government, Psychology, Industrial and Labor Relations, Human Development, and other Liberal Arts majors
- Supply Chain Summer Scholar: Supply Chain, Operations Management, STEM
- UX & Visual Designers: STEM, Graphic Design, Information Systems, Computer Science
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future and ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance
- Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.2)
- Ability to travel 80-100% (while 80-100% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
How You'll Grow
Throughout the course of the internship program, you'll receive formal and informal mentorship and training. Our Summer Scholar training program provides a view both into the technical skills as well as critical professional behaviors, standards, and mindsets required to make the most of your internship. The program includes a variety of team-based, hands-on exercises and activities. Beyond the formal training, you will work with talented consulting professionals, granting you access to ask questions and gain valuable real world experience while working on client engagements. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 2267
Apply on company website