Ready for an exciting, fast-paced career? Have a passion for technology, digging into data, and solving problems? As an Analyst in our Information Governance & Electronic Discovery practice, you'll have the opportunity to assist agencies, collect, preserve and analyze large and disparate data to support or refute the facts and allegations of investigations and complex litigations.
Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory professionals combine investigative skills with advanced computer labs and cutting-edge technology to offer innovative solutions to our clients' complex legal problems. We help counsel, control the costs, and mitigate the risks associated with the discovery process.
Work you'll do
Today's highly complex investigation and litigation environments, along with technological evolutions in areas such as big data, cloud and the pervasiveness of social media, continue to present challenges to forensics practitioners. You will have an opportunity to work on a variety of different projects, across many different sectors:
- Execute day-to-day activities on client engagements
- Help prepare and present oral and written reports and presentations
- Perform data analysis and present findings in support of fraud, embezzlement, theft of intellectual property and other forensic and cybercrime investigations
- Perform quality control processes, establish additional quality control procedures, in an effort to maintain quality deliverables on engagements
- Perform digital forensic investigations
- Participate in client presentations and conference calls
- Develop and maintain client relationships and ensure client satisfaction
Regardless of project type, your work will require:
- Proficiency in verbal and written communication skills essential to interacting with clients and teams
- A consultative orientation and ability to deliver a broad range of innovative and value-added services
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects/assignments/responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Prior experience working with and managing data sets, including extraction and merges from source systems, transformation, and providing preliminary descriptive analytics
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to quickly and concisely research and collect data from unique places
- Ability to synthesize data and convey information in a meaningful way
- Ability to describe complex technical concepts and ideas in non-technical terms
In today's global marketplace, agencies can become vulnerable to critical incidents that include international corruption, financial crime, enterprise fraud, cybercrime and supply chain breakdowns. Utilizing market-leading technology to uncover latent possibilities, our team advises clients on ways to mitigate exposure to these threats and turn business issues into opportunities for resilience. Learn more about Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory's Forensic practice.
- Undergraduate or Master's degree in one of the following majors:
Technology: Data Analytics, Computer Science, Management Information Systems
Business: Economics, Finance, Accounting, Business Analytics
Math/Engineering: Industrial Engineering, Computer Engineering, Math, Statistics, Actuarial
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint
- Travel up to 80% may be required, depending on role and location. (While 80% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future and ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance.
- The start date for this position will be in Summer/Fall 2022
- Strong academic track record (GPA of 3.2 or above)
- An understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte Advisory” means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 6980
Apply on company website