Do you have a passion for current trends in accounting and finance? Are you looking to assist Chief Financial Officers (CFOs), Chief Accounting Officers (CAOs), Controllers, and business unit finance leaders in solving complex financial accounting and reporting issues enabled by digital technologies?
As an Intern within the Controllership group at Deloitte Advisory, you'll be part of a team that provides a wide range of services to our clients with a comprehensive industry-focused approach. You will have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience working alongside leading accounting and finance leaders in helping them address the strategic accounting and finance opportunities and challenges facing their businesses and their finance functions. Additionally, you'll be involved in helping advise Federal agencies in responding to non-routine complex transactions as well as providing tailored technology-enabled solutions to drive end-to-end delivery for our clients.
Work you'll do
As an Intern, you'll leverage advanced, technology-enabled solutions to help our clients more confidently make decisions to drive performance. Whether you are assisting our clients as they are dealing with non-routine complex transactions or compliance with regulations; implementing new and complex accounting requirements and managing through the related operational issues; designing and delivering relevant specialized digital solutions (e.g., robotic process automation, cognitive intelligence, enterprise resource planning); assessing their controllership functions; or looking to gain transparency into their cost data, you will help our clients leverage their data assets to better manage their risks, drive business value, and achieve financial reporting compliance.
Deloitte Advisory's Controllership practice is a focused, dynamic group that provides advisory services around current trends in accounting, finance, controllership, and digital technologies and cost analytics. Our clients turn to us for our deep level of industry and market experience and the depth and breadth of knowledge within Deloitte that our teams provide.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Demonstrated leadership and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity
- Ability to work independently and as part of team with other professionals
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Willingness and ability to travel for out-of-town engagements for up to 75% of the time. While travel up to 75% is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future and ability to obtain a US security clearance
- The start date for this position will be in Summer 2022
- Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.2)
- Relevant work experience (e.g., internships, summer positions, school jobs)
- Experience with a variety of software products and programming languages such as, but not limited to:
- Reporting Tools (e.g., Business Objects, Reporting Services)
- Data Visualization Tools (e.g., QlikView, Tableau, Power Bi)
- Configuration and implementation of finance/accounting software applications
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte Advisory" means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 6970
Apply on company website