Computer Forensics - Consultant
Our Discovery professionals assist clients and their legal counsel collect, preserve and analyze large and disparate data to support or refute the facts and allegations of commercial investigations and complex litigation. We combine investigative skills with advanced computer labs and cutting-edge technology to offer innovative solutions to our clients' complex legal problems. Deloitte Discovery helps counsel and companies control the costs and mitigate the risks associated with the discovery process. Within our operations, Deloitte Discovery is comprised of the following Computer Forensics, Discovery Advisory Services, Document Review Services and Electronic Discovery.
Work you'll do
Today's highly complex investigation and litigation environments, along with technological evolutions in areas such as big data, cloud and the pervasiveness of social media, continue to present challenges to forensics practitioners. You will have an opportunity to work on a variety of different projects, across many different industries and with colleagues from around the globe:
- Perform data analysis and present findings in support of fraud, embezzlement, theft of intellectual property and other forensic and cybercrime investigations
- Perform quality control processes, establish additional quality control procedures, in an effort to maintain quality deliverables on engagements
- Define resource requirements, project workflow and budgets
- Contribute to initiatives to improve the operational and technical capabilities of the practice
- Perform computer forensic investigations with limited oversight
- Develop and maintain client relationships and ensure client satisfaction
In today's global marketplace, organizations can become vulnerable to critical incidents that include international corruption, financial crime, enterprise fraud, cybercrime and supply chain breakdowns. Utilizing market-leading technology to uncover latent possibilities, our team advises clients on ways to mitigate exposure to these threats and turn business issues into opportunities for growth, resilience and long-term advantage. Learn more about Deloitte Advisory's Forensics and Investigations practice.
- 1+ years of hands-on technical and/or computer forensic investigations experience
- Prior experience in a professional services firm
- Communicate effectively to all levels of engagement management
- Strong technical experience in troubleshooting personal computers and servers
- An understanding of file system types and hard disk drive structures
- An understanding of mobile phone data and mobile device collection toolsets
challenges, and limitations.
- Must be flexible with up to 80% travel
- Experience conducting digital forensics examinations on Windows operating systems using industry standard forensic tools (preferably familiar with EnCase, FTK and X-Ways forensic suites)
- Experience conducting digital forensic collections and examinations on mobile device operating systems using industry standard forensic tools (preferably familiar with Cellebrite UFED, Cellebrite Physical Analyzer and MSAB XRY)
- Must possess a consultative orientation and ability to deliver a broad range of innovative and value-added services
- Participate in client presentations and conference calls
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint
- An understanding of networking concepts (TCP/IP) and experience in working with networked systems
- The ability to describe complex technical concepts and ideas to in non-technical terms
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other technology related fields preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte Advisory” means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20NATADSCKM13-CF
Apply on company website