Employer Health Senior Consultant
Are you passionate about delivering service to your clients that goes above and beyond their expectations? Does the opportunity to work with the world's leading businesses excite you? Our Rewards & Wellbeing team helps clients transform their workforce practices in ways that lead to significant savings and gain a competitive advantage.
Work you'll do
As an Employer Health Senior Consultant, you will assist in providing strategic and technical employee benefit consulting services to plan sponsors (e.g., employers, municipal governments, and similar employer-sponsored arrangements).
In this role, you will:
• Provide day-to-day “brokerage-style” account service to clients as their primary contact
• Build strong relationships with clients based on excellent service
• Prepare self-insured financial projections
• Conduct employee benefits studies (benchmarking, modeling alternative designs)
• Develop plan designs and employee contribution scenarios
• Manage/conduct RFPs for medical, dental, pharmacy, life and disability programs
• Review and negotiate premium rate/administrative fee renewals
• Prepare client presentations and reports (generally in PPT)
• Assist in mentoring junior resources on project team
• Conduct other general health & welfare consulting activities, as required
The Workforce Transformation team
By helping our clients excel in Workforce Strategies, Rewards & Wellbeing, Leadership & Learning, we empower HR to help the business achieve its strategic objectives in performance and growth.
• 4+ years of brokerage and/or health/welfare benefits consulting experience
• Underwriting experience
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of health care plan design
• Bachelor's degree
• Ability to travel up to 20% (While up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
• Knowledge of other health & welfare benefit plans (e.g., life, disability, dental, etc.)
• Comfort with Total Rewards programs (compensation, retirement, etc.)
• Expert proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
• Self-motivated and able to work with little direct supervision
• Be comfortable with ambiguity (and able to pivot)
• Strong critical thinking and technical skills
• Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and follow through
• Master's degree or CEBS is a plus but not required
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 18715
Apply on company website