Are you interested on being on the cutting edge of regulatory compliance? Are you passionate about research and subject-matter expertise in a professional services environment? Are you interested in gaining exposure to auditor independence rules promulgated by our regulators? Then our ICN Engagement Consultation team may be the right fit for you!
Work you'll do
As an Engagement Consultation Senior Analyst, you'll use your analytical, research and investigative skills to:
- Work closely with ICN Partners, Principals, Managing Directors and Managers, Lead Client Service Partners, Professional Practice Directors, Regional Compliance Officers, and DTT Independence Directors on consultations involving the following types of independence issues:
- Scope of Service issues
- Foreign and domestic service lines
- Fee arrangements such as contingent fees and commissions
- Matters arising from client mergers and acquisitions
- Identification of affiliate relationships
- Where possible, works directly with PPMDs and engagement teams; Involves manager and/or senior manager for input as necessary
- Works on cases in all topic areas, including outside of their specialization
- Gathers insights and clarity from engagement teams involving PPMD as necessary
- Independently performs analysis, proposes conclusion and documentation with input from PPMD or manager / senior manager as needed
- Independently and consistently prepares high quality communications and proposes next steps with input from PPMD or manager/senior manager as needed
- Independently works on special projects with input from manager/senior manager as needed
- Identifies and communicates priorities with parties involved
Risk & Brand Protection (R&BP)
At Deloitte, we are stewards of reputation—ours and our clients. That's why we foster a culture that protects, preserves, and enhances our reputation. With your help, we will distinguish Deloitte as the clear leader in professional services, making us the first choice for clients and talent.
Independence & Conflicts Network
The Independence & Conflicts Network (ICN) Engagement Consultation team performs a critical consultative, quality-assurance and risk-management function for the Deloitte US Firms, helping the organization remain unbiased and free from conflicts-of-interest, in fact and appearance, when providing service to attest/audit clients. Independence requirements are defined by specific sets of policies, external rules and regulations, so maintaining both the independence of the Deloitte US Firms and personal independence is essential to the business and reputation of Deloitte.
- Bachelors' degree (preferably accounting, finance or business)
- 4+ years of related experience
- Strong oral and written communications
- Outstanding attention to detail along with strong technical. organizational and analysis skills
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- U.S. CPA
- Knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP standards
- An understanding of Independence requirements for professional auditing firms
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 19006
Apply on company website