Are you interested in working in a dynamic environment that offers opportunities for professional growth and new responsibilities? Are you interested in helping clients drive alignment with their business, improve organizational and human resource performance and establish a culture focused on adding business value? That is what the new generation of human resource transformation is all about. If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to advise Government and Public Services (GPS) clients through critical and complex issues, while allowing you to develop personally and professionally, consider a career in Deloitte's Human Capital practice.
Work you'll do
As a Federal HR Benefits Processor within our team you will:
- Maintain a hands-on role to ensure deadlines are met and key deliverables are accurate
- Work alongside your team to deliver superior results for your client
- support all aspects of the processing unit (Federal Benefits, Federal Personnel Action processing, FERCCA research and processing, and/or Settlement processing) including monitoring and identifying any issues early to be able to mitigate any risk for your client
- Set the correct coverage for the following federal data elements: Veteran's preference, Service computation dates for leave, Reduction of Force, TSP & federal retirement, federal retirement coverage for transfers and rehires, FEGLI coverage for rehired federal employees, sick and annual leave transfers, and tenure
- Process Leave Without Pay (LWOP) and Return to Duty (RTD) cases, resolve errors that occur in client HR systems
- Understand the USERRA rules and how they affect the SCDs for a federal employee
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice – our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
The Human Capital As A Service (HCAS) offering helps clients sustain organizational performance and enable ongoing insights into the organization with a comprehensive set of services and solutions that extend the capabilities of the organization with products, solutions, and operate capabilities provided as a service.
- 4 years of federal HR experience in which you have both reviewed personnel & payroll records and set the correct benefit coverage based on the respective federal data element including Veteran's preference, Service Computation Dates (SCD) for leave, Reduction of Force, TSP & federal retirement, FEGLI, Sick & annual leave, and tenure.
- Experience processing Leave Without Pay (LWOP) and Return to Duty (RTD) cases, Service Computation Dates and resolving errors that occur in client HR systems.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the required clearance for this role
- Experience in federal payroll processing (pay docs, VLTP, lump sum payments, union dues) and federal personnel processing (reassignments, promotions, separations, new hires)
- Bachelor's degree
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 51719
Apply on company website