Are you interested in working in a dynamic environment? Our Human Capital practice is on the forefront of helping to solve the government's most complex challenges – from the organizational shifts that result from rapidly evolving missions, to declining job satisfaction, duplication of HR services across agencies, and continuously rising costs of HR systems. If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to work with government clients, consider a career in Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice.
Work you'll do
As a Deloitte Consulting Health Actuary Manager in Deloitte's GPS Human Capital Actuarial and Insurance Solutions Practice, you will assist Deloitte Senior Managers and Partners in providing strategic and technical consulting services to Federal and State governments, employer groups, and other public entities.
At Deloitte, you can be a part of the transformation of the health care sector. Deloitte's health actuaries are participating in the development of evidence-based medicine, social drivers of health, and the transition of payments from paying for what is done to paying for the value provided. These types of problems require actuaries who are not only technically strong, but also can be innovative, capable of addressing ill defined, complex problems and have a business orientation.
The Organization Transformation practice is about transforming the organization (and the benefits providers that serve them) to support its business strategy. This involves helping our clients move from where they are today to where they need to be in the future. It could include changing the organization's culture, modernizing specific functions, re-designing the organization structure, and will require a combination of change management actions to execute the transformation. To enable our success, it will be critical to use data and insights to inform better ways of working together.
- 8 years of health actuarial experience and consulting and/or health plan/insurance company experience
- 3 years' experience with Medicaid managed care rate setting
- ASA with progression to FSA, FSA, or career ASA designation
- Willingness to travel at least 25%
- Due to COVID-19, certain on-site client work has been suspended until further notice, however, on-site work in Albany, NY may be required on a case-by-case basis for this position.
- Experience leading teams and managing client/executive relationships
- Experience providing Medicaid consulting services to Government agencies
- Experience with Medicaid waivers (i.e., 1115, 1915 b/c, 1332)
- Experience with risk adjustment mechanisms
- Experience with Provider reimbursement streams (i.e., DSH, UPL, etc)
- Experience with health care reform and working knowledge of the individual medical and small group markets
- Experience with Medicare products, including Medicare Advantage or Medicare Supplement products for various enrollee types
- Familiarity with group insurance products including disability, long term care, etc.
- Experience with product design and/or product strategy
- Experience with reimbursement models – including value based care/ACO modeling
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 25551
Apply on company website