Health Actuary Consultant
Deloitte Consulting's Human Capital practice is a leading global advisor and implementation partner working with companies, governments, and organizations around the world. Our goal is to improve our clients' organizational results and impact by focusing on challenges at the intersection of business and people.
Work you'll do
As a Deloitte Consulting Health Actuary Consultant in the Insurance practice of Deloitte's Human Capital group, you will assist Deloitte Managers, Senior Managers and Partners in providing strategic and technical consulting services to health plans, providers, Federal and State governments, PBMs, etc.
At Deloitte, you can be a part of the transformation of the health care sector. Deloitte's health actuaries are participating in the development of evidence based medicine, and the transition of payments from paying for what is done to paying for the value provided. Deloitte health actuaries are involved in designing new programs that are smarter about how public funds are spent. These types of problems require actuaries who are not only technically strong, but also can be innovative, capable of addressing ill defined, complex problems and have a business orientation.
Other responsibilities include:
• Individual medical and small group health care reform modeling for health plans
• Prepare SQL models to price health plan benefit changes
• Review MA and Part D bid submissions for accuracy and consistency
• Model lapse and retention rates, prepare results to share with clients
• Create models to calculate ROI for medical management and other health plan initiatives
• Prepare IBNR modeling spreadsheets for audit reviews
• Provide project management support including preparing work plans, reports and client presentations
The Organization Transformation practice is about transforming the organization (and the benefits providers that serve them) to support its business strategy. This involves helping our clients move from where they are today to where they need to be in the future. It could include changing the organization's culture, modernizing specific functions, re-designing the organization structure, and will require a combination of change management actions to execute the transformation. To enable our success, it will be critical to use data and insights to inform better ways of working together.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of health actuary experience
- Successfully passed 2 actuarial exams
- Limited sponsorship
- Ability to travel up to 50% (While up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- 2+ years of consulting and/or health plan/insurance company experience
- Technical background in health actuarial, underwriting and other areas of health care finance
- Strong understanding of health care plan design, alternative delivery systems, and current developments in the health care industry
- Understanding of Health Care Reform 3 Rs
- Exposure to reimbursement mechanisms
- Strong client presence
- Ability to work well in team-based environment
- Project management, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Well-organized with the ability to handle several projects/clients simultaneously
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently and develop client relationships
- Strong work ethic with a commitment to client service excellence
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 14522
Apply on company website