Position Summary Solutions Network: Hyperion and OCI Senior Solution Specialist Background
Deloitte Consulting LLP ("Deloitte Consulting") is one of the nation's leading consulting firms for business strategy, operations, technology and human resources planning. We bring together a strong combination of experience, scale and capabilities to help clients address their most complex business problems. The organizational structure of our parent organization, Deloitte LLP ("Deloitte") and our collaborative approach integrate our consulting services with other Deloitte subsidiaries offering tax services, financial advisory services, and risk management capabilities. Clients depend on us for straightforward advice and results that create value.
Deloitte's Solutions Network (SNET) is a global network that connects Deloitte's solution centers, extended delivery centers, clients, and vendor partners. The primary focus of the SNET is to support client development projects, client pursuits, solution development, and practice development. The SNET does this by providing project teams with a hosted infrastructure that includes a large mix of hardware vendors, operating systems, and technical application expertise. The SNET also provides on-site technical architecture and application experts for Deloitte's clients.
The Solution Network consists of experts with knowledge of major packaged applications and technologies – PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, JD Edwards, Siebel, Middleware, BI/DW, JAVA, .Net, networking, SAN, server virtualization, etc. SNET staff is also exposed to new and emerging technology, and in many cases serve as an R&D function for Deloitte.
As a dynamic and leading-edge company, Deloitte offers a phenomenal opportunity for staff to join a high growth environment to expand, enhance and strengthen their client service and technology skills.
The Solutions Network, Hyperion and OCI Senior Solution Specialist will be responsible for providing technical leadership in designing, architecting, creating and managing the various Oracle Hyperion environments supported by the Solutions Network. It is required for this position to be located either in Gilbert, AZ or Lake Mary, FL. This will also be part of the larger SNET Oracle team which includes Philadelphia - PA, Hyderabad and Bengaluru – India. This position will be focused on supporting the client engagements requiring Oracle Hyperion Administration and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, and also to support the applications and database needs for developing go to market solutions. Supported systems will span flavors of Windows, UNIX, and Linux along with Oracle cloud and other cloud service provider platforms. In addition to hands-on technical work this position will require providing assistance to project teams with architecture design, upgrades, performance tuning, systems stabilization, documentation development and the creation of client deliverables.
This position may require up to 25% travel. US citizenship / Green Card status is preferred.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree
- Seven + years' experience installing, configuring, administering, tuning, and troubleshooting Oracle Hyperion on Linux and Windows platform
- Hands-on experience on working with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) Platform
- Proven ability in architecting and designing the OCI tenancy with concise understanding on OCI Regions and ADs to accommodate technical workloads and configure DR Landscapes.
- Exposure towards creating and configuring OCI Compute service offering features like Virtual Machines, Bare Metal Hosts, Custom Images, Instance pool configurations and OS Management service.
- Ability to create, configure and manage OCI Storage service resources like Block Volumes, Object Storage Buckets and File Storage Service.
- Experience in working with OCI Network resources like Virtual cloud Network and its components, Load Balancers, Fastconnect, DNS Service, etc.
- Subject matter specialist in creating, configuring and managing the various database services available within OCI like Exadata, Virtual Machine DB Systems, Bare Metal DB System, Autonomous Transaction Processing and Autonomous Datawarehouse databases.
- Proven track record of working with Lift and Shift of on-premise or other cloud service provider workloads to OCI.
- Experience in application administration and strong DBA background in Oracle Hyperion.
- Experience in installation, administration, configuration of Essbase, HFM, Planning, DRM, FDM, HSF, Smart view and ODI.
- Exposure to migration of objects for Hyperion Planning, HFM and Essbase.
- Experience with Hyperion system tools for monitoring, testing, performance tuning, and debugging.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining system user-roles and security including access, functionality, system maintenance and other attributes associates with using the system
- Experience in Oracle Applications Solutions offering products and their integration with Hyperion (e-Business Suite, OBIEE, PeopleSoft, JDE, Planning and Budget Cloud Services, etc)
- Subject matter specialist in database administration, performance tuning, and backup and recovery skills in Oracle 10g, 11g, 12c, 19c on UNIX, Linux and Windows environments.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are required
- Proven skills as a team member on at least two or more full cycle implementations
- Experience in working with the Identity and Access Management features within OCI like creation of users, groups, policies, compartments and Federation with identity providers.
- Exposure to governance and administrative services in OCI like Audit service, tagging, Cost management and Analysis and other security services.
- Experience with handling Oracle Workloads on other CSPs like AWS and Azure is a plus.
- Experience with Web Technologies like Microsoft IIS, Java, OHS
- Experience with integration of Hyperion with Active Directory, SSL/SSO configurations, Load Balancer configurations, horizontal/vertical clustering
- Creative person who has developed innovative approaches to developing solutions
- Goal oriented with high standards for quality and performance
- Prior consulting experience is desired
- Committed to gaining exposure to multiple packages/applications while further developing your career.
- Ability to mentor and manage junior team members
- Ability to assist multiple projects environments simultaneously
Ideal candidates will also have experience with three or more of the following technologies:
- Oracle Hyperion Technology
- Installation and configuration of version 11.1.2.x and the new release of 11.2.x
- Patching and upgrade of Hyperion and its components
- Administration of Essbase, HFM, Planning, DRM, HSF, Smart view and ODI
- Data migration including LCM and Essbase import/export
- Application and database performance tuning
- Installation and administration of WebLogic and OHS server
- Experience of Hyperion on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure services
- Maintenance of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure tenancy
- Configuration and administration of Compute, Storage and Network Resources
- Ability to design and architect OCI tenancy to accommodate workloads across Regions and Availability Domains
- Working knowledge across Identity and Access Management and Governance features
- Experience on working with Database Service offerings available withing OCI
- Experience in migrating or lift and shift of applications and database to OCI
- Management of Hyperion on various cloud platforms a plus
- Oracle RDBMS – 9i/10g/11g/12c/19c database
- Oracle Installation and database creation; DBA skills (physical design)
- Oracle Programming Skills (SQL, PL/SQL)
- Understanding of tools to manipulate data
- Performance Tuning
- Use of Oracle Enterprise Manager and other equivalent tools
- Oracle Real Applications Clusters (RAC)
- Backup, recovery and High Availability configuration
- Unix, Linux, windows and Scripting
- Knowledge of Unix (Solaris, AIX, HP), Linux (Red Hat, OEL) and Windows Operating system
- Shell and batch script Programming skills
- Python and automation programming skills a plus
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 17870
Apply on company website