The Risk & Brand Protection (R&BP) teams are strategic enablers of growth by proactively identifying and managing quality, risk, professional conflicts of interest, and other business risks that Deloitte faces in the marketplace. On a broader scale, R&BP protects, preserves, and enhances our reputation by helping our senior executives identify, assess, manage, and respond to top-tier risks and crises or incidents that could undermine the firm's brand and reputation.
As part of ICN, you will help the Deloitte US Firms remain independent, unbiased, and free from conflicts of interest when providing services to clients or entering into relationships with third parties. Conflicts of interest standards and independence requirements are defined by specific sets of policies, external rules and regulations. Being free from conflicts of interest and maintaining the independence of the Deloitte US Firms is essential to the business and reputation of Deloitte.
Work you'll do
A management position in the ICN Conflicts team provide a challenging opportunity for high visibility and frequent consultation with proposal teams, Lead Client Service Partners (LCSPs), Functional Risk Leaders, ICN Partners, Principals, Managing Directors (PPMDs) and Senior Managers, and DTTL member firm in identifying and resolving potential conflicts of interest and independence related issues. We assist practitioners of all the US Firms' subsidiaries and interact with other DTTL member firms, exposing us to all of Deloitte's business and service offerings. As a manager in ICN, candidates will oversee the work of staff and will also be active participants in managing and improving internal process flows.
Day-to-day activities include:
- Work in various capacities related to process flow and people project management initiatives
- Provide consultations to PPMDs, engagement teams, and DTTL Member Firms regarding conflicts policies and procedures and assist with the resolution of developing issues
- Manage and provide direction to staff
- Participate in hiring activities and conducting performance appraisals
- Manage and provide direction to staff
- Perform reviews on conflict checks
- Formulate and implement policies and procedures
As part of Risk & Brand Protection, the Independence & Conflicts Network team performs a critical consultative, quality-assurance, and risk-management function for the Deloitte US Entities.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of work experience
- Excellent verbal and written business communication skills
- Strong analytical, technical, and organizational skills with an emphasis on detail
- Self-directed, adaptable to changes in the work environment/rules/directions
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team amidst multiple projects
- Demonstrated commitment to professional growth and a willingness to learn or take on new skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Limited sponsorship may be available
- Prior public accounting or financial services experience
- Prior data management, business analysis, quality-assurance, or risk-management experience
- Prior project and people management experience
- Experience interacting with or managing database-driven applications in support of business processes
- Knowledge of professional and regulatory requirements that affect public accounting firms (IFRS / AICPA / SEC / PCAOB), including restrictions on the services that may be provided to audit clients
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 42314
Apply on company website