Infrastructure Solution Architect Sr Manager
Are you passionate about technology architecture? and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's Information Technology Services (ITS). We are insatiably curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work you'll do
The Global Technology and Infrastructure organization is bringing innovation to the forefront of the business. Architecting cutting edge technology solutions and evolving legacy platforms to modern next generation architectures is a business imperative.
As an Infrastructure Solution Architect, and as part of the architecture team reporting directly the Associate Director of Infrastructure Architecture, you will be responsible for developing infrastructure architecture design patterns and standards focused on world class hosting center capabilities. You will be primarily responsible for the design, review and implementation of DTTL's information systems to support the enterprise infrastructure, ensuring that all systems are designed to operate at optimal levels, and support the development of new technologies and system requirements.
Evaluate, architect and recommend best of breed technology approaches to solve challenging business and customer problems, aligned with established industry approved architecture standards and best practices. This role will interface directly with internal stakeholders to gather requirements, deliver solutions, identify and deliver incremental business opportunities. This role entails contributing to the overall infrastructure architecture functions to ensure timely, efficient and quality designs aligned to the strategic direction set out by the office of the CTO and the Managing Director of Technology Architecture.
- Work across teams, and external customer groups to develop strategy, design solutions, and advise implementation teams during deployment.
- Deliver guidance, best practices, and other assistance to, new engagements and member firms
- Build and maintain technical relationships with managers of the organization, other businesses, member firms, stakeholders, and technology providers by leading and facilitating technology discussions and aligning solutions with stakeholder needs
- Provide communication, ensuring that managers, team members, and stakeholders within the organization are kept informed of relevant trends and projects
- Research new or alternative technologies, document findings, conduct pilots and evaluate multiple vendors, make recommendations, and develop business cases to justify the investment
- Participate in the organization's strategic planning, identifying strategic initiatives, quantifying their benefits through a business case, and advocating for inclusion in the organization's program portfolio
- Analyses existing systems to ensure they implement adequate security and are effectively meeting the risk posture and security policies, as defined by the GISO
- Make assessments, recommendations or provide solutions to resolve issues.
- Create detailed architectural design documents that cover system overviews, logical / physical design and required lifecycles etc.
- Peer review detailed solution design documents providing comments where applicable
- Where applicable represent the CTO organization in the Architecture Review Board (ARB), which defines the organization's reference (gold standard) architecture of technologies and providers; create artifacts documenting the architecture for multiple audiences including IT organization, clients and member firms
- Monitors emerging technology trends for readiness; and reviews and endorses exceptions for client specific needs where excising complex and unique situations requiring sound judgment and discretion
- Travel as required.
Global Technology & Infrastructure
The Global Technology and Infrastructure Organization works together to transform how ITS deploys technologies and services to meet the dynamic needs of Deloitte professionals and help increase their productivity.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to help them to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent
- Minimum of 8 years of experience working with large, enterprise systems running complex and sophisticated workloads in a secure and compliant manner
- Proven experience as an architect, delivering, and supporting highly available and performance systems
- Proven experience with large-scale globally distributed systems
- Proven technology leader across, data, infrastructure, and APIs
- Large systems infrastructure design and software development experience
- Strong interpersonal skills as demonstrated by extensive prior experience working effectively with stakeholders, within teams, and in a matrixed environment
- Deep knowledge of data center network and storage solutions
- Virtualization (Hyper-V, VMware) experience
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN protocols and features such as TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, MPLS VPNs, etc
- Experience with or knowledge of routing, switching, firewalls, IPS, IDS, load balancers, etc
- Experience with or knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory.
- Experience with or knowledge of storage networking protocols:Fibre Channel, iSCSI, NFS/CIFS, etc
- Experience with or knowledge of hardware solutions: rack and blade server solutions from HP, IBM, Dell, etc
- Experience with or knowledge of high availability architectures and clustering solutions: SQL AlwaysOn, etc
- Experience with or knowledge of disaster recovery solutions: backup/recovery, mirroring, active/standby, active/active
- Broad knowledge of, and ability to explain, key end-user scenarios for various infrastructure and application scenarios
- High-level expertise in sophisticated identity, authentication, security, privacy, and compliance requirements, and experience integrating them into on-premise solutions
- Experience with or knowledge of ISO, SOC2, GDPR, and/or other certification and data classification requirements
- Strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, writing, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel, as needed
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Nothing in this job description/posting shall constitute an offer or promise of employment. If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site (jobs2.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at jobs2.deloitte.com
Requisition code: DE20USAGTS006SO0215
Apply on company website