Manager, Internal Strategy
Are you passionate about helping clients grow by addressing their needs at the intersection of strategy, marketing, and innovation? Do you have a strategy management consulting background, or have you worked within an internal strategy group? If you answered yes to these questions - this is the right role for you!
Work You'll Do
The Manager will work as part of Deloitte LLP's internal corporate strategy team to support and lead specific corporate strategy projects that focus primarily on growth, innovation, risk, and operations within the Deloitte US firm. Projects could include any of Deloitte's specific functional businesses, including Audit, Consulting, Advisory, and Tax, cross functional business opportunities, new services or businesses, or specific channels (e.g., clients, industry sectors, geographies). The Manager will interact with the senior most leaders in the organization and execute various special projects which have the potential to significantly impact our organization.
- Providing deep thinking and content on top business issues
- Executing and managing large, complicated strategy projects with multiple stakeholders, including off-shore professionals, which involve strategy development, analysis and planning for achieving business growth, performing market entry and/or expansion, and developing other strategic initiatives related to clients, services, industry programs, talent, and global network collaboration
- Working with leadership team to achieve and sustain superior overall performance
- Overseeing primary and secondary research efforts of the team
- Developing content for executive level presentations and reports to communicate and achieve buy-in for strategic recommendations
- Designing and facilitating various workshops and working sessions with Deloitte's senior executives to build understanding and drive choice
- Developing a high degree of trust with key internal client base to help manage client relationships, engagement risks, and project economics including planning and budgeting
- Working with key Strategy stakeholder groups to build cross-functional relationships across the organization
- Acting as a counselor and coach, taking responsibility for developing the careers of junior team members, and providing guidance in staff recruitment and retention activities
Part of Deloitte LLP, the internal corporate strategy team supports and leads corporate strategy focused on growth, innovation, risk, and operations within the Deloitte US firm.
- Minimum of 3+ years relevant work experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Limited travel (less than 20 percent) is required (While ~20% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice).
- Master's Degree
- Prior experience with Fortune 500 internal strategy group, strategy management consulting, or similar professional services, multi-functional environment
- Track record of advising senior leaders on wide range of business issues; ability to seamlessly interact with firm leaders and their project teams
- Critical thinker but can also execute on the details
- Ability to work well under pressure and act in utmost confidentiality with sensitive leadership information
- Outstanding technical skills (Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint)
- Outstanding analytical and research skills (qualitative and quantitative)
- Superior project management, time management, and client relationship management skills.
- Able to manage several projects simultaneously and autonomously, as well as prioritize as necessary
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation skills
- Extremely strong interpersonal and team building skills; able to foster a cohesive and effective work environment
- Self-confidence, diplomacy, poise, business judgment, maturity, discretion, and empathy are all key attributes for success
- Problem-solver with an ability and willingness to look at issues and information in new and different ways.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 42201
Apply on company website