Full Stack Java Developer, Project Delivery Specialist
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology – a Full Stack Java Developer?
A roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment and share new ideas with your colleagues? If so, consider a Project Delivery opportunity with Deloitte.
Work you will do/Responsibilities
Provide application management and development services. Act as senior developer and client liaison while working collaboratively with onsite and offshore teams. Lead development projects through planning, scoping, designing, coding, testing and deployment.
• Will have the opportunity to use the latest cloud native technologies as well as latest methods such as pair programming and test-driven development (TDD). Development follows extreme Agile practices with continuous integration and deployment geared towards a business and user value driven approach.
• Deliver user stories in 1 to 2-week sprints targeted on Minimum Viable Product (MVP).
• Work directly with Client Business partners (Product Owners) to deliver application changes at market speed
Our Systems Engineering team delivers large-scale software applications and integrated systems, and assists clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. We develop service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems, and we deliver technology enablement to support CIO services transformation.
Systems Engineering professionals focus on key client issues that impact the core business by maximizing operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation. Our teams deliver a wide range of services, including application architecture design and optimization, application modernization, business process management and solution integration, custom application design and development, and large-scale technology delivery program efforts.
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related IT discipline; or equivalent experience
• Experience with extreme Agile practices including but not limited to pair programming, backlog grooming, sprint demos and Continuous Integration
• Project experience with technologies including microservices, Angular, JAVA
• Develop and automate unit and integration test scripts
• Strong knowledge of distributed systems and critical 24X7 systems.
• Strong knowledge of monitoring and logging tools and best practices, using Dynatrace, Grafana, and Splunk
• Strong understanding of system and application performance tuning
• Full life cycle development with Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Azure
• Knowledge of professional software best practices for a full software development lifecycle
• 6+ years Object-Oriented development background in either web or mobile technologies
• Limited Sponsorship: Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
• Travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
• Strong analytical, design and debugging skills
• Good communication and collaboration skills
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E21DETCSRCCT034-TPP
Apply on company website