Lead, People Analytics/Data Science
Works closely with other People Analytics team members to support defined projects that enhance the firm's performance, productivity, and profitability through its people by conceptualizing analytical projects, mining, collecting and analyzing data, and providing actionable recommendations to guide the firm's talent strategy across a wide variety of Talent topics including acquisition & mobility, leader/manager development, engagement, inclusiveness, individual/team performance, development, and exit. Partners with functional, geographic, and/or service lines to support the business and firm strategy.
Work you'll do
- Assists in the conceptualization of analytical projects to ensure research is rigorous and results provide actionable and comprehensive insights.
- Develop statistical and ML models across a broad spectrum of topics, including both causal inference and predictive models.
- Keeps up-to-date and introduces latest trends from technology and data science research (e.g., natural language processing, deep learning, reinforcement learning, etc.)
- Design rigorous model validation studies and best practices
- Locates and extract data from new data sources, finds new uses for existing data sources, structures and drives new data collection efforts, and provides recommendations on scaling new methods more broadly.
- Integrates multiple systems and data sets to build large and complex data sets and make them usable (e.g., transforming and cleaning data, working incomplete data sources, implementing and validating quality procedures).
- Conducts scalable data research and off and ultimately on the cloud.
- Implements automated processes for efficiently producing scale models.
- Liaises and collaborates with other COEs, Business Advisor organizations and Core Talent Services on the whole analytics lifecycle (conceptualization, data collection, analysis, and recommendations) or when subject matter expertise is required
- Develops compelling, logically structured presentations (including story-telling of research/analytics findings) that will be shared at the Talent and business leadership level
- Develops and maintains accurate and up-to-date project plans and status reports for all incoming and active projects.
The People Analytics COE is responsible for:
- Development and execution of the talent analytics and data strategy and roadmap
- Development of strong partnerships within the business and Talent (Center Of Excellence, Core Talent Services, Business Advisors), to provide leadership, best practices and insight for how analytics can drive more meaningful decisions
- Governance, execution, and coordination of data-driven strategic projects and analyses for Talent
- Undergraduate degree (4 year) in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or related field
- 2-3 years of applied experience in analytics and data mining
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or related field
- 1 year of applied experience in analytics and data mining
- Have knowledge about the professional services industry; Deloitte experience preferred
- Demonstrated accomplishments in the following areas:
- Use a broad range of analytical skills to discover, mine, and analyze data to precisely reflect the organization's or client's needs and improving deliverable quality through verification and validation of results
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Skilled at communicating with cross-functional team regarding deliverables, schedules, and issues
- Creative problem-solving skills related to team, project, and cross-functional issues
- Ability to maneuver in a matrix environment, leverage indirect reporting resources, and work well in ambiguous situations
- Demonstrated capabilities in:
- Data mining and statistical analysis that spans a range of disciplines.
- Ability to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation
- Ability to use programming languages such as Java, Python, R and SQL
- Working knowledge of statistics, programming and predictive modeling.
- Possesses strong exploratory analysis skills
- Familiarity with a range of disciplines such as: Natural language processing, machine learning, conceptual modelling, algorithms, statistical analysis, predictive modeling and hypothesis testing
- Communication (excellent written/verbal communication, listening, and facilitation skills.)
- Consulting skills (client service orientation, conflict resolution, analysis/synthesis of information, negotiation, etc.)
- Professional judgment (including practical approach, appropriate risk taking, political savvy, and ethical judgment)
- Ability to work in a remote environment, conscientious of key deadline deliverables, and ability to understand clients' needs from ambiguous requirements
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20NATSSPEJT123-HRL4
Apply on company website