Deloitte's US Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) Offering Portfolio enables our client's ability to grow, shrink, and fundamentally change the nature of their business and competitive position in a dynamic market full of change and disruption. By providing merger and acquisition services from beginning to end, we bring a large scope of capabilities to the market and opportunity for our practice and firm. The US M&A Offering Portfolio works with Industry teams to identify trends that could lead to M&A or strategic cost events and enables us to sell front-end strategic work creating pull through for transformative services.
Work you'll do
As a Manager, you will lead and deliver small or components of large, complex client engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions for large companies. Manager level responsibilities include: providing service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement. You will be expected to implement and oversee the quality of deliverables and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance. Managers participate in business development activities.
The M&A Management Office Team advises, implements, delivers transformative solutions to clients to optimize their central program management office activities due to a pending/completed transaction, restructuring and cost transformation event.
- A candidate must have M&A or M&A Service Delivery Experience in the following areas:
- Participating in setting engagement objectives and scope.
- Framing issues and breaking it down into hypotheses to be solved
- Developing work plans for components of engagements, coordinate activities between work streams and identify changes in scope.
- Designing deliverable content to precisely reflect the engagement contract and client needs and strive to improve deliverable quality through verification and validation of results.
- Managing cross-functional teams to deliver M&A engagements across all of phases of the M&A lifecycle including due-diligence, pre-close, and post-merger integration.
- Collaborating with practitioners in other practices and businesses
- Providing corporate and private equity buyers with a broad continuum of advisory services to support mergers, acquisitions, carve-outs, investment and financing structures, disposition alternatives and post-transaction activities.
- Partnering with senior executives to define how they employ M&A – in alignment with their corporate strategy – to drive profitable growth and enable them to compete effectively in their industry.
- Providing industry insight and analytical support using data mining, pattern matching, data visualization, and predictive modelling tools to produce analysis and algorithms that enables pre-deal and post-deal integration, divestiture, and major restructuring/cost transformation activities to achieve/exceed deal value, synergy targets, or strategic cost takeout objectives.
- Managing service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement.
- Managing day-to-day interactions with executive clients and sponsors; develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients.
- Participating and leading aspects of the proposal development process; contributing to the development of proposal pricing strategies.
- Identifying and developing add-on sales opportunities
- Performing role of counselor and coach; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices.
- Improving internal processes, and promote knowledge sharing in the team, by contributing to the community of practice, blogs, and other forms of market eminence.
- Bachelor's degree and 6+ years consulting and/or industry experience; alternatively an MBA with 5+ years relevant work experience is acceptable.
- Travel up to 80-100% (While 80-100% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice).
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Ability to apply practical experience with communications, culture, and change management.
- Ability to perform analysis and synthesize data into useful insights.
- Experience in financial analysis, business process reengineering and operational performance improvement analysis.
- Experience with staff development and eagerness to mentor junior practitioners.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
- An advanced degree is preferred.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 14850
Apply on company website