Confidentiality & Privacy is seeking an experienced Manager to contribute to strategic priorities and mitigation of confidentiality and privacy risks across the Deloitte US Firms. This role will primarily support the operational processes in evaluating technologies for confidentiality and privacy risks, as well as participate in key strategic priorities of C&P. The successful candidate will be expected to quickly build subject matter expertise in the US Firms' confidentiality and privacy policies while providing impactful contributions to technology risk management. He or she will be expected to participate and manage confidentiality and privacy initiatives designed to safeguard confidential information (CI) and protect Deloitte's brand and reputation.
Work you'll do
Technology Risk Management
- Conduct risk assessment of emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, internet of things, and cloud solutions and follow-up on progress of remediation activities.
- Work closely with IT professionals to monitor systems throughout the system development lifecycle for privacy and data protection compliance.
- Serve as the subject matter expert who business teams can turn to and rely on for timely and impactful guidance regarding confidentiality, privacy, technology and risk.
- Perform Privacy Impact Assessments. Review systems in development, identify vulnerabilities, and recommend controls to implement. Update and track activities methodically with relentless attention to quality, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Coordinate with leadership and key stakeholders to complete assessments.
- Prepare and present analysis for leadership/management.
- Develop in-depth understanding of the US Firms' businesses and enabling areas to provide quick response and guidance based on potential risks to Deloitte.
Confidentiality & Privacy Strategic Priorities
- Participate in and lead projects to implement or enhance the US Firms' confidentiality and privacy programs. Activities may include development of training and awareness materials, support to Lean Data or Data Classification activities, completion of Privacy Impact Assessments, management of Data Subject Access Requests, or support for other high impact C&P initiatives.
- Contribute to the design, development and deployment of technology solutions to enhance confidentiality and privacy processes and mitigate risk.
- Support confidentiality and privacy program assessments and system reviews of confidentiality & privacy risks.
- Review and advise on technical requirements, vendor solutions, and data protection features of applications and systems utilized and/or delivered by the Deloitte US Firms.
- Provide expertise and support to data analytics efforts to identify insights, potential risks, and mitigation strategies.
Risk & Brand Protection (R&BP)
At Deloitte, we are stewards of reputation—ours and our clients. That's why we foster a culture that protects, preserves, and enhances our reputation. With your help, we will distinguish Deloitte as the clear leader in professional services, making us the first choice for clients and talent.
Confidentiality & Privacy
Confidentiality & Privacy (C&P), led by the Chief Confidentiality & Privacy Officer and Managing Director, Confidentiality & Privacy, is a steward for Deloitte's reputation. In that role, C&P is responsible for the development and deployment of a comprehensive program to mitigate confidentiality and privacy risks across the Deloitte US Firms. The team is highly collaborative, and individual contributions are measured relative to team contributions. C&P is organized around key service areas, which include:
- Insider Risk
- Incident Management
- Technology Risk
- Lean Data Initiatives
Required Education & Experience
- BA/BS in computer science, management information systems cybersecurity, or related field or significant industry experience required
- MS Cybersecurity, MBA, or advanced degree required
- 7-10+ years of related experience, including a minimum of 5 years in Risk Management, Privacy cyber security, or Privacy by Design
- Demonstrated track record of adding value through a combination of deep technical expertise, professional judgment and process/program/project ownership.
- Knowledge of technologies used to collect, share, access and use personal data such as cookies, web beacons, data warehouse, and web analytic and decision support software.
- Experience with privacy platform software preferred
- Familiarity with cyber threats and potential impact on business
- Knowledge of U.S. privacy legislation such as HIPAA, CAN-SPAM, COPPA, FCRA, GLBA, stated privacy laws, state data breach laws and the capability to apply regulatory requirements within an operational context.
Required Professional and Technical Skills
- Demonstrated track record in sound judgment, investigation, strong attention to detail, and persistence in following/driving incidents to conclusion.
- Excellent organizational, communications (oral and written), problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong client service orientation - our clients expect and deserve high quality work products and effective resolution of identified issues.
- Executive presence, strong facilitation skills
- Remain calm while retaining your ability to influence others in high pressure situations.
- Highly collaborative work ethic with demonstrated agility and strong teaming skills.
- Strong project management skills while exhibiting an ability to multi-task across various initiatives and activities.
- Quick and eager learner to apply new skills and technologies in a results-oriented manner.
- Experience and proficiency in MS Office products to include Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and SharePoint.
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Requirements
- Certified International Privacy Professional (CIPP), Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT), Certified Information Security Systems Professional (CISSP), or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certification required
- Work Location: Any Deloitte US office location
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 24803
Apply on company website