GPS Engagement Financial Advisor Manager
GPS EFA Practice
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) Engagement Financial Advisor (EFA) Practice is comprised of finance professionals specializing in project and account financial management serving as a focal point for aspects of engagement, program, and account financial management control. EFA provides financial management knowledge for the entire engagement management team(s) by owning all financial reporting and analysis for engagements and accounts. Their greatest value, however, is in the understanding and application of engagement business and financial processes both to individual projects and to client accounts. GPS EFA specializes in serving Deloitte's Higher Education, federal, state and local government clients. The Government and Public Services consulting practice is built around integrated core capabilities - people, process and technology and Government & Public Services industry expertise - the capabilities needed to help clients to tackle their most complex challenges.
Work You Will Do
GPS EFA Managers are responsible for supporting a portfolio of accounts—each with multiple engagement teams—through successful management of the financial analysis and reconciliation processes and the implementation of engagement financial management controls. They oversee the activities of GPS EFA staff, including accountability for the quality and timeliness of all deliverables. The GPS EFA Manager will also serve as the business partner for assigned Account Leaders. On any given assignment, a GPS EFA Manager may be responsible for the following activities:
- Lead and oversee financial planning and forecasting activities. Project and track financial metrics such as revenue, cost and profitability at the account level.
- Manage and oversee the lifecycle of engagements including set up, revenue recognition and compliance, month end close activities, monitor funding, process vendor invoices, support procurement and billing/collection activities, and facilitate project closeout.
- Serve as business partner with account leadership, senior level internal and external clients and firm leadership to present various analyses, make recommendations and provide account level financial advice.
- Identify, address, and resolve any issues related to compliance, policies and procedures, federal regulations and guidelines, and contractual requirements
- Conduct quality reviews of and provide feedback on the technical work products of junior resources.
- Facilitate communication between engagement leadership and firm financial organization.
- Develop and implement standards and processes for engagement financial management, quality management, and risk management.
- Oversee additional financial analyses including reconciliations, variance analyses, and portfolio analysis.
- Integrate India practice into our service delivery.
- Participate in formal performance assessment activities for assigned staff.
- Support the growth and career development of junior resources through training, informal mentorship, and serving as a formal coach—responsible for sharing best practices and providing career advice.
- Work with practice leadership to resolve practitioner performance issues.
- Contribute to the growth and development of the overall GPS EFA Practice through leadership of a major workstream in one or more practice initiatives.
- Prepare and facilitate firm training sessions on a variety of topics and methodologies.
Our GPS EFA practice supports engagement teams in defining requirements we sign up to in our contracts. We help to define staffing and other forecast items in as much detail as possible using advanced financial, budgeting, and forecasting techniques. We provide realistic cost estimates that account for engagements' phases and activities, people, materials, hardware, and software and produce the best- and worst-case estimates using leading-edge project and client management software to keep clients' projects on track and on cost.
- A./B.S from a four year accredited university
- Minimum of 8 years experience in a finance/financial analysis role
- Minimum of 8 years experience with the entire Microsoft Office Suite, including intermediate to advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Minimum of 1 year experience managing staff with responsibility for performance evaluations
- Experience producing and delivering appropriate communications to C-level Executives
- Experience supervising and/or managing resources
- Experience summarizing results and producing management reports
- Demonstrated attention to detail and adherence to project deadlines
- Proven ability to work effectively, both independently and as a member of a team
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Proven “outside the box”-thinker who identifies problems and develops creative solutions
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- All candidates must be willing and able to travel as needed for their clients, however, depending on staffing needs, most positions are in-office-based with limited travel required. While limited travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.
- Experience in working and collaborating with international and remote teams
- Experience with MS Access and MS Project applications
- Experience working with a variety of contracting types (e.g., time and materials, fixed price) and billing scenarios
- Experience developing project pricing models and performing scenario analysis
- Experience in a federal/state/public professional services environment; consulting experience is a plus
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 16244
Apply on company website