Are you interested on being on the cutting edge of regulatory compliance? Are you passionate about research and subject-matter expertise in a professional services environment? Are you interested in gaining exposure to auditor independence rules promulgated by our regulators? Then our ICN Engagement Consultation team may be the right fit for you!
Work you'll do
As an Engagement Consultation Manager, you'll use your analytical, research and investigative skills to:
- Work closely with ICN Partners, Principals, Managing Directors and Senior Managers, Lead Client Service Partners, Professional Practice Directors, Regional Compliance Officers, and DTT Independence Directors on consultations involving the following types of independence issues:
- Scope of Service issues
- Foreign and domestic service lines
- Fee arrangements such as contingent fees and commissions
- Matters arising from client mergers and acquisitions
- Identification of affiliate relationships
- Interpretation and implementation of new and existing regulations relating to permissible services for all of the Deloitte US entities.
- Attend policy setting meetings, perform research, and develop guidance to address emerging independence issues.
- Draft internal correspondence aimed at increasing awareness of the independence rules and implications of new SEC, PCAOB or AICPA rulings
- Revise the independence policies of the Deloitte US Entities to reflect rule changes and revisions to firm interpretations of existing rules based on “live” consultations
- Revise the Deloitte US Entities' ICN training courses and develop new courses as needed to address both rule changes and new interpretations of existing rules promulgating from “live” consultations
- Assist in the further development of procedures, and implementing improvements, for the Independence Consultation System
- Prepare materials containing independence information for use at conferences and trainings
The Independence & Conflicts Network (ICN) Engagement Consultation team performs a critical consultative, quality-assurance and risk-management function for the Deloitte US Firms, helping the organization remain unbiased and free from conflicts-of-interest, in fact and appearance, when providing service to attest/audit clients. Independence requirements are defined by specific sets of policies, external rules and regulations, so maintaining both the independence of the Deloitte US Firms and its professionals is essential to the business and reputation of Deloitte.
- Bachelors' degree (preferably business, finance or accounting)
- 5 - 8+ years of related experience
- Strong oral and written communications
- Outstanding attention to detail along with strong technical, organizational and analysis skills
- U.S. CPA
- Knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP standards
- An understanding of Independence requirements for professional auditing firms
- Demonstrated team leadership competencies/experience
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 27046
Apply on company website