Manager, Investment Center of Excellence—Financial Planning & Analysis
The Investment COE is one of Deloitte's Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Centers of Excellence (COEs).
COEs provide thought leadership and direction to develop and promote adoption of leading practices across Deloitte's Finance organization. The Investment COE works closely with the Finance Business Partner (FBPs), Investment Owners, and Firm leadership on investment management.
What you'll do
Deloitte Finance recently established a new Investment Center of Excellence (COE) team dedicated to the management and monitoring of the firm's portfolio of organic investment activity including investments in resources, technology and new offerings. Given the increasing investment activity across the firm, a new capability is being created on the team to focus on developing business cases for new investment opportunities. The Manager role is a newly created position that will provide financial modeling and support for business case development. The Manager will report to a newly created Senior Manager role on the team.
The role will support the business case development workstream for investment opportunities including:
- Planning and running assumption gathering sessions with cross-functional business teams
- Creating and refining detailed driver-based financial models for investments
- Gathering internal and external benchmarks to pressure-test financial model assumptions
- Partnering with business stakeholders to vet business case assumptions and underlying rationale
- Developing detailed presentations to document the business case assumptions and financial model outputs including P&L impacts and relevant KPIs
- Presenting the business case to leadership to address questions and secure approval for the investment
What you'll bring
- At least 8 to 10 years of finance experience with deep experience in business case development and FP&A
- Undergraduate degree in Finance with MBA preferred
- Several years of strategic finance experience related to investments including:
- Business case development
- M&A deal support
- Experience supporting capital investments and new product launches
- Performance analysis of investments
- Financial Planning & Analysis experience including:
- Built financial plans (budget/forecast) for growing and new businesses
- Identified and analyzed key financial metrics (e.g., pricing, revenue growth drivers, staffing needs, appropriate development cost levels, marketing spend, compensation and G&A items)
- Demonstrated ability to partner with internal and external senior executives
- Strong organization, written and verbal communication skills and ability to prioritize in the face of multiple project demands with focus on critical details
- Strengths in problem solving, issue resolution, and the ability to work in deadline driven environment
- Passion for driving innovation and growth
- Comfort with large complex organizations requiring collaboration across organizational boundaries
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 15334
Apply on company website