Senior Consultant, Market Strategy
Work You'll Do
The MarketStrategy Senior Consultant role within Strategic Growth Partnerships (SGP) isresponsible for contributing to the execution of market analyses that informboth High Growth and Hybrid business cases and investment decisions. Thisposition will work with other teammates to deliver key services focused on net-newhybrid business ideas, asset build hardening, pricing validation, and matureasset exit strategy.
Theposition requires a strategic thinker who can think beyond data collectedthrough external interviews and secondary research to distill meaningfulinsights that can be translated to action-oriented recommendations. The SeniorConsultant will be expected to maintain expertise in current market analysestrends and techniques, including: market fit analysis, market sizing,competitive scanning, pricing validation, partnering analyses and voice of thecustomer insights. In some situations,the Market Strategy team will act as subject matter experts in market strategyto key stakeholders across the firm, and the Senior Consultant must have astrong executive presence and advisory capabilities to successfully assume thisrole.
Specificessential functions of this role include:
· Collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholdersat varying levels to deeply understand the market size, market demand, keycompetitive sets, and partnering opportunities for High Growth and Hybridbusiness cases and investment decisions
· Develop key hypotheses to iteratively test throughsecondary and primary research, ultimately producing an actionable set ofrecommendations
· Identify and understand competitive offerings for theDeloitte hybrid offering in question
· Perform market sizing estimation and detailed competitiveanalyses to validate or evolve Network stakeholders' point of view
· Analyze key industry trends to develop a strategic pointof view on where a market is in the context of specific projects
· Maintain an informed point of view on new and emergingbusiness models in management consulting and adjacent markets
· Support preparation for and execution of externalinterviews with both target clients and key competitors to substantiateDeloitte internal stakeholders' position on clients' key business challenges,perceived value drivers, and critical buying factors
· Synthesize large amounts of secondary research andinterview data to develop key insights that can inform investment decisions fortechnical assets
· Support preparation of analysis output for executiveleadership presentations and own responses to Q&A for respective area on aproject by project basis
: Strategic Growth Partnerships
The Strategic Growth Partnerships group within DeloitteConsulting is primarily responsible for enabling new high-growth businesses byarchitecting and orchestrating strategic partnerships that pioneerdifferentiated business models for Deloitte Consulting.
We are looking for individuals who can help identify,nurture, and grow the highest potential business ideas by collaborating withthe Network, ecosystem alliances, and other enabling groups to shape thepartnership component of these new concepts.
Thegroup is part of Deloitte Consulting's New Business Innovation team, whichfocuses on scalingConsulting's asset-based agenda to deliver tangible results in the near-termand a sustainable competitive advantage for the firm in years to come.
· Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Marketing,Economics or a related field
· 2+ years of software assets strategy and/ or businessmodel evaluation experience, including quantitative and qualitative experienceassessing software assets or investments
· 2+ years of experience working in a software assetsenvironment in or closely with technical roles, preferably involving analyticsor SaaS
· Ability to support and conduct internal and externalinterviews with executive-level experts, including synthesizing interview notesto develop key insights
· Ability to apply standard methods for establishing andtesting addressable market size estimates
· Seasoned understanding of technology-based businesses,including business models, technical components of the stack, partneringstrategies and modern software development processes
· Strong analytical skillset combined with the ability tosynthesize findings into leadership-level business recommendations
· Proven ability to successfully partner with internalsenior stakeholders from various parts of the organization, with varyingdegrees of technical aptitude, and drive successful outcomes cross-functionally
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to juggle many competing priorities/ deadlines
*Must be legally authorized towork in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or atany time in the future.
How you'll grow
AtDeloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at everylevel of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best workevery day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there'salways room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in additionto hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences toformal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have avariety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, TheLeadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We valueour people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working atDeloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do theirbest work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniquenessand offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help themto be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs andare continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our peopleexcel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Thispurpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, ourpeople and our communities. We believethat business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education,giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive socialimpact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte'simpact on the world.
We want jobseekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. Tohelp you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know somebackground about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips fromDeloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E21NATCSRCKT417-DP-C
Apply on company website